Chapter 2: Not The Only Way To Rise

Ivan's pov.

I stepped out of my little place in the old apartment building entering the hallway that lead to the rest of the building. I looked down the other side of the hall, where the dull orange lights flickered and clicked making the other side of the building look like it's a scene out of a horror movie.

A small figure stood at a door, barely being illuminated by the orange flickering light as they talked to someone in the room. A voice shouted from the otherside, as if trying to remind them of something. They put up a finger gun, letting out a small "got it."

They started to head down the stairs and I cought a glimpse of (h/c) hair. I slowly followed after them, pulling my jacket onto my body fully and not so sneakily followed after them.

This rather heavy gut feeling set itself into my already queezy stomache. I had to follow them.

__ ____

They entered a store, it was small but still big enough for about 20 or more people to fit in there at a time. I glanced through the windows, looking for the light pink shirt. I spotted them looking at some square packages, they seemed to be lost. They looked over to the bin besides them with different colored square packages, they grabbed 3 more of the same color as if they made up their and quickly made their way to the register.

They stepped out of the store, bag in hand as they rummaged through the bag of recently bought foods. I tilted my head, they seemed to be mildly upset about something. The wind blew their (h/c) hair to the side, seemingly not caring they hooked the bag onto their elbow and started to walk off.

They kicked in puddles as they walked, apologizing to people they accidently got wet or bumped into. A tall man didn't seem to like the treatment and pushed them into an alley way.

I knew something would go wrong, something always goes wrong.

I climbed a building, jumping building to building trying to get to the two as quickly as possible. I heard a smooth trembling voice from bellow as I observed the situation. The tall man wanted something.

I crouched, hands in front of me ready to jump down. When I saw him raise his hand I knew I couldn't sit and watch anylonger.

I jumped down and saved the trembling citizen.
__ ___

I offered to walk them home, they were trembling like crazy and I couldn't just leave them alone. What if he came back? What if he didn't actually leave?

Their soft agreement signaled that they said yes. I smiled, but then I realized they couldn't see it through the mask of my hero suit.

They walked me right to their door, in the hallway with the orange flicking light. I watched as they unlocked the door and opened it.

The door opened revealing someone sitting ona couch. Blankets draped around their body, dark circles under their eyes, tablet in their lap and a pen in their hand and i didnt fail to notice the tiget cards scattered around them. They greeted their friend that I now know as (y/n).

They entered the house and with an awkward goodbye, I left the apartment building to head to the place I was going to originally.

__ ____

I entered the building where all the hero's hung out. Kotetsu stood next to Barnaby, annoying the blonde as he tried to ignore the old man.

Everyone turned towoards me, noticing I entered the building. "You're late, hun" fire emblem said, I let out a deep breath. "And what in the world are you doing in your hero costume?"

I awkwardly shrugged. "I saved someone." Kotetsu seemed to brighten up at my words.

"You saved someone!?" He jumped up happily. "I'm so proud of you!" He pulled me into a hug, I tried to pull away from his tight grip but to no avail I struggled with trying to leave the grip.