31

rapunzel . november 18, 2018

"Bye, Paige. I gotta go see Axel," Taylor said.

"I gotta go, too," Kirsten said. "Love you, Paige."

I didn't even think Paige hung around girls.

I mean, she seems like a heartless, cold person. The only person I see her actually talking to is Clay.

The first bell rang, but I still heard Paige in the bathroom.

I can't be late to class.

I stood up and got myself together before flushing the toilet and walking out of the stall. I didn't use the bathroom, but Paige might ask why I didn't flush it because she might assume I was using it.

I walked to the only working sink, the one right next to Paige.

"I'm guessing you heard the news," Paige told me.

I didn't respond to her.

"You know, it's rude to not reply to someone when they're talking to you."

I didn't respond to her.

"Fine then bitch. While you're sitting in these bathroom stalls, you might wanna try cutting yourself. I heard from the other emo kids that it helps them. But you just have to cut enough to actually die."

"Leave me alone," I said, my voice breaking.

My hands began to shake. I felt like my throat was closing in. I couldn't breathe.

"Oh my gosh, what's wrong with you?" she asked me.

My lip began to quiver.

Don't cry Rapunzel!

I stopped washing my and propped them up on the sink. I stared down at the floor and tried to calm myself down.

"Okay, I take it back, but like, what's wrong?" she asked me, her voice softening. She placed her hand on my back.

I moved away from her. "Why do you care?" I asked.

She shrugged. "Okay, I admit, I bullied you before, but you always seemed like you didn't really care. And I've never seen you cry before. Or at least not since last Halloween."

I rolled my eyes. "You don't care, Paige. Didn't you just tell me to die? Why do you care if I'm about to cry?"

"Because I never thought this would've brought you this much pain..."