33

aladdin . november 20, 2018

After I took my showers, I bandaged my arms. I slipped on a sweatshirt and some shorts.

I walked downstairs and joined my parents at the dinner table. A plate of spaghetti was already made for me. There was a small cup of ranch on the side of the plate and a bowl of cheese. They knew I liked ranch and cheese in my spaghetti.

"What did you guys want to talk about?" I asked them and looked down at my food.

"We wanted to talk to you about Rapunzel."

I gulped. "What about her?"

"Are you two okay?" my dad asked.

I shook my head. "I cheated on her, even though we're not together yet. And she's mad at me. And I regret everything."

My mom looked at me with sad eyes. "Well, you need to call her and apologize."

"I've tried but she wont answer. I miss her mama. I need to talk to her but she just won't let me. It's all my fault."

"Oh...," my mom trailed off. "Well, that's not what we really wanted to talk about. Rapunzel's parents reached out to me and told me that her birthday was December 24, but they're having a dinner party for her on December 20. They invited us to come down there to see her and stay over for Christmas as well."

I nodded. "Oh alright."

"So we're gonna leave that weekend and we'll stay until the 26th. Then, they'll come down to Alabama and celebrate New Year's with us."

I nodded.

"I hope you guys can make up soon," my dad said. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you or her."

I rolled my eyes. "That's not gonna happen."

My dad raised an eyebrow. "I don't believe you."

"So you're saying that you think I'm gonna kill her or myself?!" I shouted.