Who will be yours, Williams?

Simon

"Let me see if I understand" the old man purses his lips, wanting to hide his desire to laugh "do you want to stay in school helping out in the summer play?"

I confirm it.

"This is so... unexpected."

"I spoke to the teachers and they didn't hesitate to accept me," I add firmly.

"Simon, my son, tell me one thing..."

"Sure"

"How... how do you do all this? I mean, first you enter the jury and then you're inside the direction of a play you barely knew about few days ago."

I smile halfway.

"My mother says: always be polite and charming"

The man is stunned for a few seconds and shakes his head.

"You scare me a little"

I shrug my shoulders "not the first time I hear it."

He lowered his head and I could hear him say 'seriously this kid'.

"Well, if the managers say you're in, I guess so."
.
.
.

David

Third day of rehearsal.
For the time being, our teachers hadn't yet arrived. That's why boys and girls were doing what they wanted.
Some even played poker, betting real money. I think Matt and James were there.

On the other hand, I'm a little quieter: on the floor, my head lying on Alan's legs, listening to music.

"Taaake on mee, take on me" I sing in a high camp tone.

I close my eyes and soon felt very relaxed, on such a scale that I almost fell asleep.
Alan said something to me, but I didn't know what exactly.

Without warning, he walks away from me, dropping my head to the ground.
I snarled, annoyed, taking off my headphones.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Carr?" I stand up and finally realize the situation.

Everyone was gathered around me, and in front of me was Simon Cowell.

His bloody smile said it all.

"Sorry" is all I could say before I stepped aside and went with my friends, who laughed mockingly.

Simon then warns that our mentors will be late, so they asked him to start the rehearsal.

"So take your places, we'll start with scene four of act one, please."

No one dared to question him and they obeyed his words.

"So, Adonis will be with us all year round," Carr says quietly as we took the stage, "no doubt, he's your destiny Dave!"

"Of course, he will be mine," I say animatedly, but then I felt my soul leave my body when I discovered that Simon was looking at me.

"Who will be yours, Williams?" gives me a charming smile.

"Emm, no - that... uh no one, no one really"

Earth, swallow me and spit me out in Antarctica, please.

Mr. Brown's arrival saved me from continuing to lose my dignity.
Simon began to talk to him.

"Oh David, you're such a flirt. What incredible maneuvers!" Corden takes advantage of the distraction.

I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck you, James."