_2_

Amara Williams
10:13 AM.
Time skip 8 months...

"Amara would you come help me?!" My mom yelled as she tried to carry a box off the moving truck.

I hurried to help her carry the box before we slid it inside. Today we were moving in with James and his sons. They got married last month and got back from their honeymoon.

Once we had gotten all the boxes in I went to my room before laying on my bed. My bed and my dresser were the only things that weren't in boxes.

"Yo," Quinton said knocking on my door causing me to sit up.

"My dad told me to tell you not to unpack until we get your walls painted."

"Oh... okay," I said.

He was about to walk back out when I stopped him.

"Hey uh Quinton."

"Yeah?"

"How old did you say you were?"

"17, why?"

"No reason just asking... are you a senior this year or junior?"

"Senior... I turn 18 in December," he said before turning around getting ready to leave.

"Wait-"

"For what?" He said with attitude.

"I just wanted to have a conversation-"

"We don't need to have a conversation. Like I said we're not siblings and we're not friends-"

"We don't have to be. I just would want to know the person I'm living with," I said causing him to chuckle bitterly.

"There's three other people in this house you don't know, go talk to them first," he said before leaving out of my room and closing the door.

After I took my shower it was time for dinner.

"So what grade are you going to again Amara?" Caesar asked.

"Oh I'm a sophomore," I replied.

"16 right?" He asked and I nodded.

"Just turned 16 a few months ago," I smiled.

"You?" I asked.

"Oh I'm 18, senior," he said causing me to nod before glancing at Quinton.

"I'm a sophomore too... I'm 15 though, my birthdays in January," Kaden said.

"What sport do you want to play girls?" James asked.

"I'm not really into sports like that," Alana said.

"That's no good... neither is Quinton," James said before giving Quinton a look.

It was quiet before I said, "I play volleyball."

"Ohh, that's good! You know the volleyball team at the school you'll be going to is really nice I heard," he smiled.

"Good they'll be able to keep up," I smiled causing everyone to laugh except Quinton he made a smirk.

When dinner was over me, Alana, and Kaden went outside to the basketball court in the back yard.

"This is nice," Alana said as she looked around.

"Yeah, we got it built a few years ago," he said before shooting the basketball into the hoop.

"WHEWW! You saw that?! That mufucka said 'swoosh'. You heard that?" He said as he went to go get the ball.

We laughed with Kaden until James yelled outside, "stop bouncing that damn ball and go the fuck to sleep." So we did as told.