_3_

"Alright... I just need to ask you a few questions," the detective said as he sat down at the table across from Zya.

"When was the last time you saw the Perada family?" He asked.

"Uh... I don't know maybe a few days before they went missing," she replied.

"Are you sure?" He asked before she nodded.

"Who did you see? Did you see all of them, just a few or specifically one?"

"Uhm... just one, Amara."

Amara Williams 7:30 AM

Amara Williams
7:30 AM.
1 (1/2) years ago...

Today was the first day of school. I wore a long sleeve white off the shoulder crop top that had buttons down the middle, a jean skirt and some white platform sandals. I wore white hair clips in my hair. My hair was flat ironed and I had a middle part so I put two on each side. I carried my round black Chanel crossbody purse and my white MCM book bag.

I sat in my first hour class which was English while the teacher discussed an assignment.

"Your first assignment for the year is to come up with a well written, four minute essay explaining who you are," he said.

"We will start presenting on Wednesday and will go from back of the classroom to front," he said causing everybody to groan.

The bell started to ring but he tried to keep talking.

"Four minutes nothing more nothing less! Have a great first day!" He yelled as we left out of the room.

"Hi, excuse me," I heard a girl say causing me to turn around.

"Hi, are you new?" She smiled.

She was pretty. She had long brown hair and I couldn't tell if it was a weave or not which was good. By the tone in her voice she seemed nice.

"Yeah, I just moved in down the street," I smiled.

"Ohh, okay I was just wondering sorry. I'm Zya, What's your name?" She asked.

"Amara, Amara Williams," I smiled.

Later on I was walking down the hall to go to lunch when I saw Alana walking with a girl to go to her class.

"Alana!" I yelled to get her attention.

I walked up to her and the girl before she introduced me.

"Teagan this is my little sister Amara," Alana said.

"Hi... I'm Teagan," she said before shaking my hand causing me to feel a little uncomfortable.

Who the fuck shakes hands?

"You goin to lunch?" Alana asked.

"Yeah, I texted Kaden and he said we got the same lunch so I'll just go find him," I said.