_33_

Omniscient
8:52AM.
Next day...

"When was the last time you saw the Perada family?" Kennady asked Brandon.

"That last Friday they came to school," he replied.

"And the last time you spoke to them?"

"When I dropped Amara off after our date," he replied.

"It says here in your statement that you went on a date once and never again. Do you mind telling the jury why?"

"Uh... I tried to have sex with her."

"You tried to have sex with her or you tried to rape her?" Kennady asked.

"What? No, no, I- I didn't want to rape her," he replied as tears formed in his eyes.

"How many times did she say no before you took her home?" She asked.

"I-I-I don't know... like three," he replied.

"It says in your statement that you had a bet with a few of your friends on whether or not you could have sex with Amara Williams," she said before he nodded.

"Which would've made you really determined to have sex with her that night... correct?"

"Yeah but it didn't happen-"

"Exactly because she stopped you. I mean losing a bet over a girl, that had to anger you," Kennady said.

"How angry were you is the question... angry enough to tell a stranger her whereabouts?"

"What? No... I didn't know Amara's whereabouts. Listen, we weren't that close. We just had chemistry together," he said.

"Nothing further," Kennady said before sitting down.

The other two attorneys passed before Jacob was brought to the stand.

"Mr. Sawicki when was the last time you spoke to the Perada family?" Kennady asked.

"The last Friday they were at school," he replied.

"And you got into a fight with Quinton Perada, is that correct?" She asked and Jacob nodded.

"Can you tell us why?"

"I was about to kiss Amara and he just came up out of nowhere. He always did that though. Whenever me and Amara got close he was like a human bulldozer," Jacob said.

"Were you intimate with Amara?" Kennady asked.

"Like havin sex with her?" Jacob asked.

"Yes."

"Oh... nah. We never got a chance to."

"So you're not aware that Amara and Quinton were having relations?" Kennady asked causing Jacob to freeze up.

"I'm sorry what?"

"Amara and Quinton had a private relationship... were you not aware of this?"

"What- no... no I didn't know," he replied.

"Mr. Sawicki, did you know a man by the name of Berkeley?"

"Nah..." he replied.

"Nothing further."

"As far as character what can you tell me about the Perada family?" Cane asked.

"Uh... Amara, She was beautiful, kind, smart, talented... uh her sister, Alana she was.. annoying-"

"How?"

"She complained a lot, never really did her work. Kaden, He was funny. Kind of a bully too but that's the way all of the boys were. Caesar... he didn't talk much. He kind of just looked at you and that said a thousand words. Quinton was weird-"