Chapter 16

We read together in that hotel for a week. We also went over what style we wanted for our characters with the stylists while in Busan. My character was easy. I chose jeans and tee shirts for the most part with 'try-hard' outfits for the city scenes. Bo Ra never warmed up to me.

Finally, we got to go back to Seoul. It was late at night when Ji Soo finally dropped me off in front of the Bangtan Boys mansion. I let her go for the day as I pushed in the code for the door. I knew I probably should've gone back to the dorms and told Abby and Aaron what was happening in my life recently. I hadn't been able to talk to them much since becoming a manager. I was always busy and when I did go home, it was often extremely late when Abby was already sleeping. Then I would leave early in the morning. The amount of time I was home only shortened when I agreed to do the drama. I knew I should've gone straight home, but I wanted to take care of this first.

Namjoon and I texted back and forth after we talked on the phone that one time, but we never talked about what he said to me again. I wanted to address it face to face. I still had the guys' schedule given to me through email, so I knew they would be home. I walked through the house to the living room and collapsed on the couch.

"Laine!" Jin smiled when I sat next to him.

"Noona?" JungKook's head popped around the corner. Like a siren call, the guys all came to meet with me in the living room. They all threw question after question at me. I didn't even know where to start.

"You can have your noona back in a little bit. I want some time with her first," Namjoon said as he strolled into the living room. I stood quickly as I blushed. I waved to the guys before I followed him up the stairs and to his room. He closed the door behind me before pulling me into a hug.

"I've missed you," I breathed as I let my eyes close.

"I've missed you too," he said softly before he pulled away from me. I sighed as he held my hands in his.

"About what you said on the phone a week ago," I started as I blushed. Namjoon cleared his throat as he looked away from me. I could tell he would stop me if I didn't talk soon.

"I love you too," I blurted before he could stop me. "I think I have for a while now... Joonie," I added. He paused a moment before he smiled softly at me.

"Joonie?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I hear that's what your hardcore fans call you sometimes. And since I'm your fan now, I thought I'd try it," I admitted as I blushed. He chuckled and kissed my head.

"I like it," he smiled. "How was the reading?" He asked as he sat me on the edge of his bed.

"Besides Kim Bo Ra hating me, it was fine," I sighed as I laid back with a sigh.

"She's just jealous of you. It took her a long time to get to where you are now," Namjoon tried to comfort me. I sighed and covered my face with my arm.

"I'm supposed to go for a photo shoot tomorrow for the promo, then there's the photo shoot for my acting profile, then there's the press conference for the drama," I listed as my eyes closed. I sighed before I felt a pair of lips on mine briefly. I slid my arm off of my face and looked up to see Namjoon smiling back at me as he hovered over me.

"You're going to be a real idol soon. Your face is one people won't soon forget," he said softly.

"I don't know if I even want this life. Everyone is watching my every move. I haven't slept in days; I feel like a zombie, but I have to always look like a fresh daisy," I said.

"Just wait. One day, you'll get that feeling. That feeling that everything was worth it. When you see people enjoy the work you put out for them, it goes beyond just fame. You could be helping people," he replied. I sighed as he laid down next to me and pulled me into his side. I scoot up the bed to curl my feet underneath me.

"For music, that's easy. The last album you guys released was all about promoting self love," I said. He chuckled and bent his head to look down at me as his fingers moved my hair away from my face.

"I thought you didn't listen to our music," he teased me. I smiled and put my head on his chest.

"I've had a reason to look into it recently," I smiled at him as I lifted my head.

"Believe or not, acting can help people too. Do you know how many people use dramas to escape lives they don't want? There are so many good things that can come to others because of this. You just have to wait and see for yourself. You'll have a moment where you'll feel that it was all worth it," he said before he kissed my head.

"The guys are probably wondering what we're doing by now," I said as I sat up. He sighed as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Let them wonder. I haven't had any alone time with you in a long time," he said as he held me next to him.

"There will be more eyes on us after I do this," I sighed.

"Well, I'm serious about this relationship, so I'll wait for you," he said softly. I sat up and looked at him as I smiled softly. I leaned down and kissed him gently. His arms tightened on my waist, pulling me to lay down before he rolled to hover over me. My arms wrapped around his neck. My lips moved with his as my heart fluttered. Being with him just felt right.

"Noona- oh, hyung ," JungKook said as he stared at us. My head snapped to where he was standing as my eyes widened. I wanted to move, but Namjoon was on top of me. Namjoon sighed as he dropped his head next to mine.

"I should have locked the door," he muttered before he got up. I sat up quickly and tried to force down my blush.

"What is it?" Namjoon asked him, irritated.

"The guys sent me to get you guys, but I can see that your busy," JungKook smiled smugly before he left, closing the door behind him.i went to where Namjoon was sitting on the edge of the bed and wrapped my arms around his neck from behind him.

"We should go stop him," I sighed. Namjoon reaches back and grabbed the back of my thighs before he stood with me on his back.

"Let's go," he chuckled. Despite my protests, he walked all the way back to the living room with me on his back.