Chapter 33

A month passed in the blink of an eye. It was my one year anniversary with Namjoon. He even made a reservation with a fancy restaurant. Getting in was easy when the boys acted as our smokescreen. Everyone came together and then they started leaving to a different room one by one. Complicated?

Yes, but completely worth it.

"PD Eum is trying to get me into more modeling. He thought of putting me in a girl group, but I told him it wasn't a good idea," I said to Namjoon as we ate our dinner.

"Mhm, athough being an idol in general is strict, music idols have it the hardest. One rumor of a relationship and you're done," Namjoon agreed.

"I don't know... Jennie got caught with B.I., and now there's rumors of her with Kai. The pushback was supportive. I think the mindset of the music fans is changing," I speculated.

"Still... I don't want to see you go through what the girl groups go through. With the dieting, practicing, and your schedules, many idols end up very sick in the end," he said, worried. I sighed as I took another bite of my steak.

"Well, I didn't want to go that route anyway," I agreed.

"Plus the second you get pregnant, you'd be done in the group," he added. I choked on my wine. I coughed to get my breath back from the unexpected comment.

"Pregnant?" I repeated before I sipped on my water. Namjoon only laughed at me.

"Why do you seem so surprised?" He laughed.

"You just caught me off guard," I muttered before taking another bite of my steak.

"We have eight months at most before our hiatus starts," he reminded me. The door slid open and the guys walked in with bright faces and a cake.

"Happy anniversary!" They said together as Yoongi closed the door behind them. I smiled and thanked them before they lit the candle on top. I made my wish for a calm transition of our relationship to the public before Namjoon and I blew the candle out together. Our time alone was over as the cake was cut and passed around. The deal was that we had to look like we stayed together the whole time. When it was time to leave, our little crowd filed out to our respective cars.

When we got back to the house, Namjoon took me up to our room only to hold out a small box for me.

"What's this?" I asked curiously. He opened it and took my hand before he slid a ring onto my finger.

"I know you won't be able to wear this often, but it still isn't right for an engaged woman to not have a ring," he explained. He took something else out of the box before putting it on his own finger and showing me.

"It's a couple's set," he smiled. Sometimes he was so cute, I just wanted to pinch his cheeks. I smiled back at him before wrapping my arms around his waist. His arms went around me naturally as we hugged each other.

"I really, really love you," I muttered against his chest. He chuckled before pulling back to kiss my head.

"I love you," he smiled at me.

"I'm going to shower for bed," I said quickly before grabbing my towel and pajamas. I could live like this everyday.

***

"You want me to apply for Korean citizenship?" I asked bewildered. I was in PD Eum's office to discuss the extension on my Visa.

"Think about it. You get on well here. I think getting your citizenship would be the next reasonable step. It'll take some time, seeing as there are only so many ways to get it," he sighed heavily as he leaned back in his chair.

"Like getting married," I muttered to myself. He heard me anyway. He sat up straight as he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah... that would be one way. Why? Did you get married without me knowing or something? Is your relationship with Namjoon that serious?" He asked. I felt caught. Originally, we were going to tell them later, but now that I was here.

"We don't have a date or anything, but we've talked about it," I answered vaguely.

"Wow..." he breathed in disbelief.

"Then again, it would solve a lot of the problems, but it would create a whole new list of problems," he thought out loud.

"The boys are going on hiatus soon, right? And then Namjoon has to serve his mandatory enlistment. If we married around that time there would be buzz, but less of an adverse affect on the both of us, right?" I asked hesitantly. He thought a moment before nodding.

"That's true... but you'll marry him without introducing him to your family?" PD Eum asked. That was a good point.

"How about this... we are in discussions for the dates and locations of the boys' last tour. We'll add somewhere near your hometown, clear your schedule, and fly you out there to meet with him. You can introduce him to your family then. That would make me feel more at ease. I can't just marry off someone's precious daughter without their consent first," he thought out loud. It was actually a really good plan. I nodded.

"If you let me know the dates ahead of time, I can take the proper measures so we don't get caught," I agreed.

"Their tour will most likely start in a few months. We're a little pressed for time these days," he admitted.

"You'll have to work harder to clear out your schedule. Have you met Namjoon's parents yet?" He asked out of curiosity. I shook my head.

"We were going to talk to you first," I admitted. He smiled at me softly.

"You've become somewhat of a daughter to me. I feel like I must especially take care of you. I'm glad you brought it up with me first. Let me know if I need to clear anything from your schedule," he smiled warmly at me. I bowed with a goodbye before I left his office.