Chapter 46

The next day, we traveled to Busan for the wedding photoshoot. I had about three different dresses we used while posing on the beach. Namjoon has a few different tuxedos as well. There was a casual, elegant, and glam look for both of us. It was over the top and ridiculous, but I guess it was just another side effect of being who we were. These pictures would be given to the press as well as used for our wedding. I rested whenever I could. It felt like the baby was draining all of my energy, but I still had to work like nothing was wrong. I would go to the drama set and act out my scenes as best as I could. I still shot a few commercials in between shooting the drama. Granted, my schedule was a lot lighter than it used to be, it was still exhausting. Namjoon couldn't go to everything with me as he had to start his in process in the military as well as hold meetings with the company. It felt a little unfair, but it wasn't something I could change just because I didn't like it.

Our wedding day came faster than I expected. Before I knew it, I was all dolled up, sitting in the bridal chamber next to Namjoon and greeting guests. All of the actors and actresses from the A-list came to greet me, including Seo Joon. Then it was the boys, my sister, and a few people from the company.

"Knock knock," a voice called. I looked up to see Abby come through the curtain. I was shocked to say the least. I stood and hugged her tightly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused. She only smiled at me as she admired my dress.

"A certain someone sent me a plane ticket insisting that I had to come," she explained, motioning to Namjoon. I felt the fat tears welling up in my eyes.

"Don't cry, you'll ruin your makeup," Abby chuckled.

"She can't really control her emotions these days," Namjoon chuckled. I hit his arm gently as I pouted.

"Thank you, for including Abby," I said with a slight smile anyway. I talked with Abby a little longer before I had to get back to greeting guests. The makeup artist came in and fixed my makeup for me before Namjoon's family visited us next. After they left to find their seats, it was quiet for the first time. I sighed before looking at the entrance curtain curiously.

"You didn't invite Hye Jin?" I asked. Namjoon sighed dramatically.

"She is my friend, but I couldn't see her behaving herself if she came. I'm not going to let her ruin our day," he explained. After the greetings and pictures ended, we proceeded with the wedding. I was nervous and nauseous the whole time. Nothing felt real. I went through the motions with Namjoon feeling like I was floating in a dream. Even during the reception, I felt like I could wake up at any moment. Regardless, I was happy.

Going home, Namjoon quickly helped me out of my dress before I spent the rest of the evening hovered over the toilet.

***

"So we don't get to take our honeymoon?" I asked for clarification. The day after our wedding and it still didn't seem real, but reality came back to slap me in the face.

"It would be best to finish the filming for your drama as soon as possible. You're in the middle of filming right now, and we have a lot to do before anyone catches on that you're pregnant. Also, Namjoon has to finish his tests to enlist. After he finishes his requirements, he'll be on hold until he ships out to boot camp. You should be done with the drama filming by then and we'll clear the rest of your schedule so you can spend time with him then," PD Eum explained. I knew it wasn't entirely his fault, CEO Bang called the shots when it came to the boys, but I still felt cheated. I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"When does it end?" I asked as unexpected tears brimmed my eyes. "I'll finish the drama and get a short break to spend time with Joonie, then he ships off to the military. I stay here by myself, raise our baby by myself, and keep working as I wait for him to come back. Then when he comes back, it's right back to the busy tour schedules. The only friends I have here are the boys, and they'll be with Joonie. Who's here for me in the meantime?" I asked as my tears spilled down my cheeks. I was feeling overwhelmed. It hadn't even been a full 24 hours since we got married.

"I'm sorry, Le In. I know it's hard, but please bare with me. You'll adjust soon. And you have other friends besides the boys. I hear you and Park Seo Joon are close," he tried to reason with me. I stood abruptly and turned my gaze to PD Eum.

"What? Park Seo Joon? And have rumors start again about how I'm in a relationship with him while my husband is fulfilling his military requirement?" I asked. My tears wouldn't stop. I couldn't stop. Namjoon stood and pulled me into his chest as I cried. I couldn't help it. My emotions were running on high and I was still exhausted from yesterday.

"Contact her friend Abby and see if she can stay in Korea a little longer. Also contact her sister. Ask them both to come over," Namjoon asked PD Eum. He left quickly, leaving Namjoon and I alone in our spacious living room. After a moment, Namjoon held my shoulders and bent down a bit to look at me.

"Laine... I'm sorry. This is my fault. I never should have roped you into this. Being like this is all because of me. You're crying breaks my heart more than anything. Because of me.." he trailed off. I sniffled and wiped the tears from my face as I shook my head and tried to pull myself together.

"Oppa, it's not your fault. I'm the one who wanted to be a part of your world. I'm upset right now, but I think I'm just tired. Running around trying to prepare everything last minute. It still doesn't feel real," I admitted. Namjoon sighed before pulling my back into a hug. I was starting to feel lightheaded again.

"I need to take my medicine," I muttered. He nodded before letting me go. If I was going to survive the next three years, I was going to have to pull myself together.