Chapter 32

I woke up late into the evening. Namjoon was already gone. I went downstairs and took care of the dishes before looking in the fridge for something to make.

"We're out of groceries," I muttered to myself. I grabbed my purse, a pair of sunglasses and a medical mask before I went outside. I walked down the sidewalk and to the nearest market. I left my mask and sunglasses on, but somehow, I was still recognized. I got stopped to take pictures many times. It got to the point where I called to call Ji Soo to come meet me before I left. After getting all the groceries, Ji Soo walked with me back to the Bangtan Boys' mansion. I sighed as I put the groceries on the table. I felt arms around me from behind.

"Where did you guys go today?" I asked.

"We went to debrief with PD Eum about our concert sales," he answered. He looked at the bags behind me.

"You went shopping?" He asked. I shrugged before I turned back to the groceries.

"We were out of ingredients for dinner," I answered as I started putting everything away. Namjoon helped. After we finished that, I got started on dinner.

"You should call me from now on if you need groceries. Your picture is all over all SNS right now," Ji Soo said as she scrolled through her phone. She stood up straighter as something caught her full attention.

"Oh, Unni... someone followed us back here and got a picture of you coming in. Everyone is talking about how you live with the boys now," she aid. I put the spoon down and went to look at her screen. On a blog post, there was speculation about me entering the mansion. I had to act quickly.

"Can you get the boys down here?" I asked Namjoon. He nodded before he sprinted up the stairs. Once everyone was downstairs, I had them sit at table as I handed Ji Soo my phone with the camera app open. I sat at the table too.

"Everyone smile," I said. Ji Soo snapped a couple of shots before she handed my phone back to me. I posted the picture to Instagram with the caption: Celebration dinner for the boys' successful tour!

"What's going on right now? What are you doing, Noona?" JungKook asked.

"Damage control," I answered absentmindedly. I sighed as I set my phone down on the table.

"How can two scandals happen so close together? I mean... you think they would take a break to bother someone else for a while," I muttered to myself. I sighed before looking to the guys.

"Sorry about that," I said sheepishly.

"Well since we're on the topic, I wanted to tell you guys something," Namjoon said. They all waited as they watched him. I blushed and looked down at the table, knowing what was coming next.

"I asked Laine to marry me," he announced. It was dead silent as the guys looked at him completely shocked.

"Are you crazy?" Yoongi asked as he stood. Namjoon shook his head.

"Think about it. You and Jin have to go to the military within the year, then it's me. We're going to be on a hiatus for at least eight years because after I join, the rest of you will. We're about to be apart for a long time. And I love Laine. We'll wait until the hiatus starts to make the announcement," he explained. The guys sat in thought. I almost forgot that all Korean men had mandatory military enlistments. I, myself, was shocked to hear about the hiatus. It looked like the guys hadn't thought that far ahead either. Only Namjoon had.

"I think it's a good plan, but what about Noona? She still had a career too," JungKook spoke up first. Namjoon looked to me for the answer.

"There are plenty actresses who are married. It's harder for music idols than it is for us. I'll be fine," I answered.

"It looks like you've both thought this through," Hoseok said with a sigh.

"Okay, we'll act as the smokescreen then," Taehyung said.

"Thanks TaeTae," Namjoon said giving him a small smile.

"I'm going to have to tell PD Eum and CEO Bang," Ji Soo sighed.

"Don't worry, we plan on telling them ourselves. They already know about us. They have for a while now," Namjoon stopped her. I got up and went to check on the food. The guys talked amongst each other while I finished cooking. I set the food on the table before we began dinner. The conversation was fun as it normally was as we talked about the future. After dinner, I got a phone call from PD Eum.

"I saw you almost got caught again. That was quick thinking on your part to post the photo to SNS," he said. I chuckled nervously.

"I really did make dinner for the boys," I explained.

"You have a few more days to rest. We got more photo shoots on your schedule. I think there's more interest to get you into modeling. What do you think?" He asked.

"If we can fit it in my schedule, I think it's a great idea," I answered. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I smiled lightly before remembering something.

"PD, when are the boys going on hiatus?" I asked curiously. I heard him sigh on the other end.

"Yoongi and Jin have to go in for their evaluations within the month. If everything goes well, they should leave within the next six months. We'll do one more tour three months from now, and start the hiatus right after the tour," he explained.

"Okay, thank you. I'll come see you soon," I said before ending the call. Namjoon sighed before he let go of me.

"I made a reservation for our anniversary. Do you think you could try to get the night off?" He asked. I smiled and nodded.

"I haven't picked another drama yet so I'm just doing commercials and photo shoots for now," I said.

"When are you planning to get evaluated for your military service?" I asked curiously. He kissed me gently.

"I'm going to wait until the last minute so I can enjoy my time with you beforehand," he answered with a small smile.