Chapter 23

I had been crazy busy with the commercials, the new drama, and appearing on 'Ask Us Anything'. Being on the variety show was fun in the most unexpected way. For the most part we just ended up sitting around and talking, but I was laughing almost the whole time. The cast was super sweet too. Because 'Nameless Heir' appeared on Netflix, I'd become somewhat of a global sensation and more attention had turned to Korean dramas at the same time.

People who I hadn't talked to in years started blowing up my phone and social media. I ended up deleting my Facebook. I kept my Instagram and Twitter and both turned into verified accounts. Even with my busy schedule, I still texted Namjoon every day. I hadn't had a chance to meet up with the guys since the sleepover and it had been weeks. Luckily, my sleepover didn't turn into a big deal with the media; mostly because I was forced to stay because of the crowd. I was due to appear on 'Running Man'. I was actually excited about it. It was one of the few shows I had actually watched because of my sister's obsessiveness. It was different than the previous recordings I'd seen. They brought me in to give me a mission before keeping the guests separated. To my knowledge, there were three guests. I waited off camera as the cast went through their introductions.

"Our first guest is a female who just debuted in the drama 'Nameless Heir'. A lot of people don't know, but she's actually here on a study abroad program from America. She's fluent in six languages including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, English, Tagalog, and Spanish. She studied at North Texas University and her final year is at Seoul National University, and she's still a student there. She is not only a phenomenal actress, but she can sing and dance as well. She got her start as a manager for BTS. Le In, please come out," they introduced me. I smiled and stepped out, waving to the cameras. I bowed to them as I greeted each of them.

"Wah, Le In, you haven't even graduated yet and your resumé is already impressive. I know you're from America, but before our producers called, had you heard of our show?" Yoo Jae Suk asked. I smiled as I nodded.

"Yes, actually. My sister, Sarah, is a huge fan of Korean TV shows and dramas and I saw her watching this show one time a few years ago. I've been watching ever since then," I answered.

"Did you just sneak in a shout out?" Kim Jung Kook asked. I laughed and pushed my hair out of my face.

"I guess it was a shout out but it's the truth," I laughed.

"You're Korean is flawless," Song Ji Hyo complimented me. I thanked her.

"So you became an idol by accident. How did that happen?" Yang Se Chan asked.

"Yes. Actually, I was the manager for BTS for a short time, and during that time, JungKook would turn the camera on me doing something while I wasn't paying attention and the videos went viral. Our PD saw the videos too and asked me to try out for Eun Ji on 'Nameless Heir'. I ended up getting the role, and I haven't stopped since then," I explained.

"So cool. Our next guests are from an idol boy group," Ji Suk Jin moves on with the introductions.

"So Min, leave your hair alone or your ears will bleed," Yoo Jae Suk cut in. Everyone laughed while So Min turned red.

"These guys are global renowned artists and they just released their new album for their game: BTS World. Kim Namjoon, Jeon JungKook, please come out," Ji Suk Jin finished. My jaw dropped as they jogged onto the set.

"Oppa!" I smiled at them. They pulled me into a group hug. I couldn't keep the smile off of my face; I was so happy to see them. When we finished our hug, they stood next to me.

"That was quiet a welcome. American-style. How come we didn't get hugs? Yah, Le In," Haha protested. I laughed and hid behind Namjoon slightly.

"We're really close with Noona. Even though she's been busy with her schedule and we've been busy with ours, we still try to hang out and support each other when we can," JungKook tried to explain.

"As expected: a loyal friendship," Song Ji Hyo nodded to herself.

"So how do you guys feel about sending your favorite manager away like that?" Kim Jung Kook asked.

"We miss her a lot, but we're glad we can still see her. Plus, she was too talented to keep behind the scenes," Namjoon answered. The cast asked the guys more about their new music and upcoming tours before they turned their attention to all of us.

"Le In, I think everyone is wondering if there are any hidden talents you haven't shown us yet. You went on another variety show recently and showed your dancing skills. Is there anything else you're hiding?" Se Chan asked. Luckily my stylist put me in stretchy skinny jeans.

"Actually, I was a gymnast throughout my childhood so I can tumble, and I retained my flexibility," I answered.

"We want to see it," So Min said excitedly. I stepped to the center of the semicircle before lifting my leg up to my ear and leaning over slightly so it was hyperextended. After a second, I let go of my leg and held it up with my strength alone. They wowed and cheered as I brought my leg down. I pulled my leg behind me and straightened my leg so the back of my knee was touching my head in a needle pose.

"I just realized that your wearing heels," Ji Hyo pointed out.

"Yah, RM, What was that face?" Jae Suk asked as he pointed at Namjoon. I looked to see Namjoon hold his hands out in surrender.

"I didn't make a face," Namjoon insisted.

"Yah, he's turning red," Haha stepped towards him. Namjoon laughed and covered his face with his hands.

"Do you like Le In?" Lee Kwang Soo yelled over everyone. JungKook burst out laughing while Kim Jung Kook from the cast chuckled to himself as he sat back with his arms crossed, watching the commotion.

"Who wouldn't like her?" He asked rhetorically. The cast eventually calmed down and moved on after teasing us. If only they knew.

"RM and JungKook, we want to see a performance of your new song. We heard that you got to collaborate with American singer, Charlie XCX," Sok Jin said bringing everyone back on track by reading the prompt screen. They nodded.

"I want to see it!" So Min jumped in.

"Yes. The dance practice hasn't been released yet but we'll do a little bit," Namjoon agreed. They stepped forward into the semicircle. JungKook turned around and looked at me.

"Noona, come sing the part for Charlie XCX," JungKook asked.

"Really? Can she really do the part?" Ji Hyo asked in shock. JungKook nodded.

"Yes. She was our manager while we were working on this album. She knows it," JungKook answered.

"You're going to dance with them in those heels?" Ji Hyo asked. I nodded as I stepped forward.

"Noona, take Jin's spot for the dance," JungKook said, putting me in the middle. The track started and we jumped into the choreography of the chorus as I sang along. We went through a bit of the song as I kept up with them easily, switching positions with them as we danced. When the clip ended, we bowed to the cast as they clapped for us.

"Le In is like the secret eighth member of BTS," Kwang Soo said loudly. After the compliments, we moved on to the challenges.