Chapter 29

I missed Namjoon and the boys. By the end of our filming for the day, he still hadn't been able to text me back. Park Seo Joon and I became good friends after a few days. I wasn't interested in him in any other way, and he most likely wasn't interested in me in that way anyway. When I got home after filming for the day, I settled on calling my sister.

"Sarah, Hey. I'm ready to talk now," I said in English. She looked at me excitedly.

"The fan sites all say that you're co-starring in a drama with Park Seo Joon, is that true?" She asked, getting straight to the point. I sighed and shook my head at her as I set my bimimbop on the dining room table. I held the camera back up.

"Yes, I am. He's a friend of mine actually," I admitted. Sarah sighed before looking very upset.

"How is it that you get to live my dream life? I bet you drained the good luck out of the entire family by doing this," she complained. I laughed and shook my head at her before I propped my phone up to free my hands to eat.

"It wasn't my intention, but I am having a lot of fun," I shrugged as I mixed the rice and ingredients together.

"So where is BTS?" She asked excitedly. I sighed to myself before taking a bite of my food.

"They just left for their European tour a few days ago. They won't be back for a few months," I answered. She went on to ask in depth questions about each of the members. I answered as best as I could without giving too much away. Sarah has big-mouth syndrome. I knew that anything I told her would be related back to her fan sites. That means Sarah couldn't know two things. One, she couldn't know that I was living in the house of BTS. Two, she couldn't know about my relationship with Namjoon.

After my conversation with Sarah, I finally got a text back from Namjoon. It's already been days since he left. After a moment, he FaceTimed me.

"How's it going over there?" He asked. I sighed and picked the phone up, bringing it closer.

"I miss you," I admitted. He smiled lightly.

"I miss you too. How's the drama going?" He asked. I smiled happily as I remembered what Seo Joon told me.

"Oh, right. A few days ago when we filmed the kissing scene, Seo Joon told me that my nickname in the industry is One-Take Le In. He also told me people were fighting each other to work with me," I said excitedly. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Kiss?" He asked. I nodded.

"We only had to do one take for the wide shot and one for the close up. That's why he told me about the reputation I have in the industry," I explained. I paused when I thought about what I just told him. I just told him that I kissed Seo Joon. I looked at his face on the phone and smiled sheepishly.

"Does that bother you?" I asked. He thought a moment before he shook his head.

"No. I know it's your job, and I respect what you do. It just took me by surprise a bit," he admitted. I smiled softly as we switched the conversation to him and what he'd been doing. So far, they only did a fan meeting. After talking with him for a while, he had to go. I sighed and looked at the time. It was already late. I washed my dishes and put them away before getting ready for bed. As a last thought, I called Abby. She answered with a smile.

"Hey buttercup," she smiled at me.

"Hey, how have you been lately? Did you find a job?" I asked. She nodded.

"Of course! Aaron did too. Actually we found them a while ago, but you were busy so I couldn't tell you," she answered. That was Abby. She was always bubbly and full of positivity. I felt bad for not keeping up with them lately but I'd just been so busy with my schedule that it was hard to find time to call them, let alone hang out with them.

"How is Aaron?" I asked. She sighed and shook her head.

"He's back to normal, kind of. But he sulks whenever I mention you. I think he just feels left behind. You know how much he cares about you," she answered. I nodded slightly before I sighed too.

"It's not that at all. I wasn't intentionally trying to leave you guys behind. After 'Nameless Heir', we started filming the next drama almost immediately. But the boys are out of town, so that does free up my time a little bit. One of these days, we'll go get something to eat together if my schedule ever has an opening," I promised.

"What are you going to do about graduation? The year is almost up and you'll have to go back," she reminded me. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. This had been something I thought about often in the back of my head.

"I think I'll have to ask to officially transfer to Seoul National in order to walk the stage. My schedule is booked out for the next few months and I don't expect it to lighten anytime soon. I don't have time to go back home," I thought out loud. She nodded.

"That's a good idea. Of course, I was looking forward to walking the stage with you, but I understand you're not the same person you used to be when we got here. Plus, if you go back home, I'm sure you'll be swamped with fans there too," she joked. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I doubt America is interested in me, or even knows what I'm doing over here," I dismissed the thought. She shook her head as her face went serious.

"No really! I still have the selfies of us up on my social media accounts and people from back home are asking if it's you. They recognize you from Netflix. Apparently they ran a main page ad for the show for a while and people recognized your face. They even looked into what you're doing here and found out you're famous. Even our professor back home asked me about it. He's the one who found it most shocking, but he says that he saw the show, your Korean was flawless, and he's a fan now," she chuckled.

People back home were interested in me? This was starting to feel surreal.

"I'm going to head to bed now. I just wanted to check on you," I said with a sigh.

"I'm glad you're doing well, Laine... really. Goodnight!" She smiled before we ended the call. I sighed as I buried myself under the blankets that had Namjoon's fresh scent on them still.

I really missed him...