Arrival

You woke from your deep slumber and hopped out of bed. You threw on a shirt and walked to the dining room hoping there would be breakfast. Servants were rushing all around you cleaning and other tasks. The dining room was decorated in greens and blues, and you saw Anna trying to eat her breakfast.

"Hello, Princess Anna," you said while you bowed.

"Eww, don't call me that. Please just call me Anna," she giggled. You took a seat across from her and Gerda, one of their servants, set down a plate of food in front of you. You thanked her and devoured the meal.

"Why is it so busy today?" you asked. Anna sighed and threw her napkin on the table.

"Prince Hans of the Southern Isles is coming today. Him and Elsa have been "dating" for a few weeks. I use that term loosely. He is a horrible man, but Elsa believes that this arrangement will benefit the both of them in the end," Anna said.

You felt your face drop and you tried to not look upset. You failed miserably. Anna noticed the look on your face and smiled.

"Elsa just needs to find someone better," Anna continued, "Maybe like someone who will go out with her to the garden in the early morning."

You blushed at her comment and began to cough on your food. You took several sips of water before looking back at Anna.

"How did you know?" you questioned.

"I woke up to the scream too, and I saw you two in the garden. I figured Elsa had another nightmare and you were calming her down," Anna said. The princess really was not as dumb as you and her sister believed.

"I can't love her, Anna. Your sister deserves a prince. I am just some commoner who travels the land. I can't give her much, yet she deserves the whole world," you whispered.

"Yes you can. I've seen the way she looks at you. There's something hidden in her eyes. Don't give up on her just yet," Anna replied.

"I'm afraid it's too late to forget her. My heart aches for her now," you said.

Elsa walked through the doors and sighed as her servants ran around trying to get everything ready for the arrival of the prince. Elsa glanced over at you and smiled. "She looks so good," Elsa thought to herself.

She took a seat next to you, which was odd since the head of the table was reserved for her. She placed her hand on top of yours and leaned in closer to you. Her lip lightly grazed your ear and you felt her breath on your neck. "Thank you for accompanying me this morning," she whispered.

Anna watched as your face turned a dark crimson color and you tried to speak. Gerda placed a plate in front of Elsa. You turned your attention back to Anna who was trying to hold in her laughter.

"If you will excuse me," Anna said standing up, "I must go meet Kristoff." Anna left the room leaving you and Elsa alone.

"I didn't know you had a suitor, your majesty," you said. You did not want to disrespect her in front of her servants.

"Prince Hans...he's..." Elsa trailed off. She did not know how to continue the conversation. She wanted to love Hans--she really wanted to. However, his ugly personality and rude demeanor caused her to hate him more than anything. She wished she never agreed to see him in the first place.

"Love is a wonderful and mysterious creature," you said as you stood up to leave, "I would hate to see you waste it on someone who doesn't even deserve the time of day from you."

You left Elsa sitting by herself trying to decide whether or not follow you. Elsa wished these thoughts would go away. She needed to what was right for her kingdom, but she also wanted to do what was right for herself. She pushed back her chair and ran after you. She reached the doors and was about to open them when they swung open.