The Last Dance

You woke up that morning with a sick feeling in your stomach. At first you assumed it was from the wine that Anna made you drink the night before, but when you went to the bathroom, you realized that the sickness inside you was from being worried. But why were you worried? That night Elsa would be declaring you the whole town that she would choose you to marry no matter what anyone said about it. She loved you and you loved her. Nothing was stopping you two now.

But yet, that worried feeling would not go away as though yourself knew more than it was letting on. As you splashed some water on your face, Elsa crept up behind you and wrapped her hands around your waist. You jumped slightly, but when you turned around and saw her, all the worries that you had disappeared for a moment. Elsa looked beautiful in her light pink night gown, and you said a silent prayer to the gods for letting her be a part of your life.

She grabbed your hand and pulled you back into the bedroom. She flopped onto the bed and you eagerly jumped on top of her, which caused the both of you to burst out laughing.

A knock at the door separated you two, and when you opened it, you were glad to find Anna standing there with a tray full of food.

"Happy birthday, Elsa!" She screamed as she rushed into the room towards you two. You managed to slow her down right before she tackled Elsa to the ground. As you ate a piece of bacon, many servants rushed into the room to get Elsa ready for her grand ball. You bowed and exited the room as Anna trailed behind you.

"Are you excited?" Anna asked as she linked her arms through yours.

"Worried. Or more so nervous actually." You replied with your head hung low.

"Why are you nervous?" Anna questioned.

"Your sister is a queen, Anna. I am nothing more than a poor traveler. I worry that I will not be enough for her or or the kingdom," you said.

Anna raised her hand and slapped you across the face. You turned to her with a stunned look.

"(Y/N)! Do not say that about yourself. My sister cares for you so much. She's loves you! And only you." Anna replied as she took a piece of bacon for herself.

You two showed yourselves out as you ventured around the castle seeing all the decorations hung up on the wall. Mostly blues and purples filled the halls guiding you to ball room.

"This is beautiful," you said as your eyes traveled around the room in awe. Anna noticed your expression and bumped you slightly.

"Hey lovebird, do you even know how to dance?" Anna asked.

You were once again frozen as you tried to explain to Anna that dancing was the worst skill you had, but you knew you would have to tonight.

Before you could ask Anna for help, Prince Henry walked in with a soft smile on his face.

"(Y/N), if you need help with your dance moves, I would be more than happy to help you. I happen to be an excellent dancer," he said as he walked up next to you.

Anna shot you a look, but you assured it everything was okay. As Anna excused herself, you turned towards Prince Henry and eyed him up and down. He was wearing a dark crimson red suit with white shoes and a golden embroidered flower on his jacket near his heart.

"I see the flower has caught your eye. My mother sewed it herself before she passed away," Henry said quietly.

"I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost both of my parents at a young age," you replied.

Henry smiled at you as he bowed in front of you.

"What are you doing?" You asked.

"Teaching the next member of the royal family to dance," he said as he grabbed your hand.

"How did you know? We haven't told anyone yet," I questioned.

"It's in Elsa's eyes. She loves you. I knew the moment I saw her look at you that she loved you. How lucky it must be to be loved by a women such as her." Prince Henry said as he slowly began to twirl you around.

"I'm so nervous for tonight. What will the people think when Elsa announces our engagement?"

Suddenly, Prince Henry stopped and grinned at you. "If only you could be there to see their faces."

Before you had a chance to react, you felt a large object hit the back of your head as you fell to the ground. You closed your eyes as you heard Prince Henry say, "Tonight will surely be unforgettable, father."

Now you wished that dancing was your biggest worry of the day.