Chapter 11

Aria's POV

I sighed slightly and stretched out in the Italian sunshine. Angelo and I had only two more days left here before we would have to go back to Cali. This past week he had been working like crazy, promising me that he would spend as much time with me as possible.

As if.

I had been in his breathtaking marble mansion on the coast of Italy, tanning on his private beach, jet skiing, and surfing.

Alone.

He was basically married to his work. Like he barely slept for five hours before waking up again. I thought that being a CEO would grant you the right to work on your own schedule, but I guess not.

My stomach growled and I decided to go inside and eat something. Pie, maybe.

Yeah. Pie sounds good.

I stretched and strolled back into the house, the sand hot underneath my feet. I stepped inside the French doors to Angelo's mansion, my bikini clad body shivering a bit due to the cold air. My feet padded against the marble and I made my way to the kitchen. The housekeeper, Adriana, smiled at me and I asked her for a slice of pie. The young woman nodded and prepared the dessert. I stepped out to grab my phone and sat down on a leather sofa in the living room, waiting for my pie. My legs tucked themselves underneath my body and I called Jasmine. She didn't answer. I sighed. How was it that there were so many people in the world, yet I was still lonely?

Adriana delicately set down my pie along with a glass of milk on the coffee table in front of me. "Actually, Adriana, would you mind taking it back to the kitchen? I'm going to eat there." She nodded gently and flashed a smile. Gosh, she was such a sweetheart. I tossed my phone back on the sofa and got up to follow her back to the kitchen. We made small talk about the weather and I told her about California. I devoured my pie as she explained her life to me and ranted on about her boyfriend who was always busy. I giggled and told her that I guessed all boys were like that, married to their work. After a little while, though, she told me she had to go do some cleaning before the other maids complained about her. I nodded and waved as she stepped out of the massive kitchen. I munched on my pie and gave out a little moan. Really, this is probably the best thing I've ever put in my mouth. No joke.

Suddenly someone grabbed me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I jumped a little, but relaxed when Angelo's manly musk took over my nostrils. "Only I should be able to make you sound like that." He whispered against my neck, his hands rubbing the bare skin of my hips. I continued ignoring him and grabbed a forkful of my pie and stuffed it in my face. If he was so interested, maybe he should've shown that earlier, instead of just working nineteen hours a day.

He hummed against my neck and kissed it. I rolled my eyes and continued eating my delicious pie while staring out the window. "Baby? You mad?"

I swiveled the bar stool around to face him. "I don't know, Angelo. Am I?"

"Why? What did I do this time?" His eyes filled with sadness and he reached up to twirl my hair. I swatted his hand away and slid off the stool. I stormed out of the kitchen and groaned.

My pie was still in there.

Shit.

I slouched back in and walked right past Angelo. He tried grabbing my wrist, but I wrestled out of his grip and grabbed my pie. He grabbed the plate from me and set it back down on the counter. I turned to glare at him. The nerve of this man! He thinks he can just take my food from me!

His arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me a against him. He cupped my chin and forced me to look at him. He pressed his lips against mine, begging for entrance. I denied him and kept my lips together. He pulled away and whined. "Come on, Aria. Do you know how sexually frustrated I am? We haven't had sex for over a week now."