Chapter 25

Dedicated to OraClear23!! Your comments made me laugh 😘
___________________
Aria's POV
I stared into the mirror as my stylist clipped a veil onto my hair.
It was a month after I had been reunited with Nicholas, and everything was going well. He had a room in my penthouse and stayed with me over the weekends, but spent the weekdays with his adoptive parents. The hole in my heart has finally been filled by his presence, but now another one had formed.
One that only Angelo could fill.
I willed myself not to cry as I thought about not being able to be with him for another year. We had made love last night, until this morning. It was evident in the bags underneath my eyes from lack of sleep, but they had been concealed by makeup.
My stylist stepped away from me and gave a small smile. I knew I looked good, thanks to her, but I wanted to rip off the white wedding dress and run away from here.
I wanted to run to Angelo.
Jasmine came in and handed me my bouquet of plain white flowers. I wrapped my hands around the stems and stood from the chair on which I had been seated.
"It's only temporary, sassafras." Jasmine stated softly.
"You haven't called me that in forever." I couldn't stop the small smile that played on my lips. Everyone in middle school had called me sassafras because I was so sassy.
"I know. Are you ready?" She raised an eyebrow at me.
I nodded after glancing at myself in the mirror, holding my chin high. My body was covered in a simple off-white dress with a bit of diamond work on the waist. I also had long diamond earrings and a diamond necklace, with a bracelet to match. I had Christian Louboutin custom design me a pair of diamond heels just for this event. My hair was done up in a simple bun with a few strands falling in front of my face.
Hey, it was still my wedding, regardless of everything else.
"Do I look okay?" I turned to Jasmine.
She rolled her eyes. "You look drop-dead gorgeous." She winked at me. "Let's go break some hearts."
"The only heart that's broken is mine." I stared at the floor.
"Your heart is not broken, he didn't even leave you." She smirked at me, and I realized she was right. He didn't leave me. He was still mine and I was still his. Nothing else mattered. It was just a year.
I could wait for a year.
I looked at myself in the mirror with renewed pride. I was still me, regardless of what messed up of a life I had.
"Let's go." I turned to leave, my long dress trailing on the floor. We exited my parents' marble palace and approached the white stretch limo that would take us to the church. Everyone else was already there.
On the ride, I ran a finer over the ring on my left hand that Devan had given to me.
It was stunning, a huge, sparkly diamond with two smaller ones on each side.
A beautiful ring for a beautiful girl. He had told me while slipping it onto my finger.
We arrived at the church a few minutes later, and I proceeded to the entrance with Jasmine.
She rushed forward to meet my wedding planner and I was escorted into a room until the event started. I sat there and played games on my phone for about twenty minutes, keeping my mind off what was to come.
I was interrupted in the middle of my game by the wedding planner my soon-to-be mother-in-law had hired, a cheerful, petite woman by the name of Darla with lots of energy.
"Come, darling! It's time for you to walk down the aisle and get married to the man of your dreams!" She gushed.
I mentally groaned. My parents had suggested that it was probably a smart decision to keep the arranged part of our marriage a secret, and I reluctantly agreed. As much as I wanted people to know that my heart belonged to Angelo, I didn't want to deal with the questions that would come with the declaration of the truth behind our union. And I knew here would be a whole lot of them since both the bride and the groom were kin to two of the greatest business masterminds in the world.
I nodded to Darla and straightened out my dress. I took my place in from of the grand doors of the church from where I would proceed to the altar, bouquet in hand.
My father came and gave me a small smile as he held my arm. I knew he was still stressed with the whole situation from the evident worry lines on his forehead.
I returned his smile and stared forward as the doors started to open, giving way to the altar.
I plastered a fake grin on my face and tightened my hands around my bouquet. My feet moved themselves down the red carpet towards the altar, to where my future husband, Devan, stood, smirking, dressed in a blacked out tuxedo. I couldn't deny that he was very handsome, with a muscular build, strong jaw, and caramel eyes.
He just wasn't my tesoro.
I felt pictures being taken, but kept my eyes on him, his eyes on me, both of us for different reasons. I wanted to give the impression of a true love, that I couldn't take my eyes off my husband. he wanted to check me out.
Shameless bastard.
We reaches the altar and my dad handed me off to him, placing my hands in Devan's.
I heard the minister commencing with his speech and took this opportunity to check out Devan. I had never had an actual conversation with him, and only saw him when we had to "decide" things for the wedding. And by "decide" I mean show up at cake shops hand and hand for the paparazzi, while his mom and Darla chose everything.
But damn, was he one fine piece of man candy.
His muscles strained against the material of his tuxedo, his tall six foot frame towering over mine. His jaw was clean shaven and his caramel eyes were the lightest brown I had ever seen. His hair was a adorable yet sexy mop of dark curls, with one curl hanging over his forehead.
I was broken out of my assessment of Devan when he said I do. I took a deep breath and waited for the wedding official to ask me the same question.
"Do you, Aria Kahn, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
I glanced up at Devon. "I-"
Before I could finish my sentence, the doors, which had closed after my entrance, burst open.
"No! No you fucking don't!" Dylan declared, rage evident in his eyes.
--------------------------------
Aria's outfit for the big day->