Chapter 20

Aria's POV

"This is the man you are arranged to marry." The entire room fell silent.

My father's voice rang through my head. "M-married?"

"I'm so sorry, darling. So, so sorry." I stepped backwards, crashing into someone. Angelo wrapped an arm around my waist and held me against him. I clutched onto his shirt. Nobody could take him away from me. He was mine.

Thayer was the first person to speak. "Dad? What the fuck? Is this some kind of sick joke?"

My father shook his head. "You can't be serious, dad. How could you force your daughter into a loveless marriage?"

"I don't want to, Thayer!" He turned to the two men. "Please give us a moment."

Everyone waited until they had made their exit before conversation resumed. "I don't want to force my daughter into a loveless marriage, Thayer! I have tried everything, money, business, properties. They want her and only her."

I stood, watching my family argue, unable to process anything. I watched as if I was watching a scene from a movie, unable to say anything or move.

My mom stood by my dad. "Maddox. You have to do something. I can't let this happen."

"Do you think I haven't tried, Riya? I was ready to give up everything to them, but they only want the marriage to take place."

My dad's repetition of my fate snapped me back to reality. I ran out of the room, needing to get away from them. I sprinted into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Bacardi rum, and headed to where I knew no one would be able to find me, one of the secret rooms in my parent's mansion. I could hear people yelling my name but I ignored them, needing to get away. Needing to forget.

This couldn't be real. Once I was finally happy, it had to be snatched from me. I sighed and opened the rum and took a swig, not bothering with a glass. The booze cause a burn in my throat, but I ignored it and continued drinking. I let the alcohol take over my brain, preventing me from even thinking properly. I just continued sipping until there was no more, then waited until the run took its toll.

I don't know how much later, but I woke up on the floor, covered in my own vomit. I ignored it and felt tears fall down my cheeks as I remembered why I was in this pathetic state. The pounding in my head and stab in my heart could only be cured by one thing.

Alcohol and weed. Lots of it.

I found my cell phone lying on the floor, close to where I was sprawled. I dialed an old friend from high school.

"Pierce?"

"Aria? Hey, long time no see."

I didn't even bother with the pleasantries. "I need you to hook me up."

"What do you need, babe?"

"Mari J. You know I don't take anything else."

"Just making sure. You know where to find me, I'll be waiting."

I hung up the phone and made my way to my car. Thankfully, I didn't run into anyone.

After changing into the spare clothes I kept in my car, along with taking an aspirin with some water, I left my parents' house. It probably wasn't safe for me to be driving around in this still half-drunk state, but I didn't care. I didn't care what happened anymore, reality just hurt too much.

I drive towards Pierce's place, a destination I knew all too well from my high school years.

--------------------------------

A/N

Pretty intense, huh?

Vote and comment

Love y'all

Maryum