04

the period after fourth is not necessarily a period, but merely their lunch. seungmin always finds himself sitting at the same lunch table, waiting for jisung to arrive since his class is quite a walk to the destination. he was definitely going to tell him about the odd question that hyunjin pulled up to him before english class started.

minutes of waiting, jisung sits himself across the table as always. seungmin has already unpacked his lunch and is eating away, so he unzips his bag to set his food down as well. "hey min, how's it going?"

"good." he says, food halfway chewed as a hand covers his mouth not wanting to display the chomped lunch. "but, something weird happened in english."

"what? i'm telling you seungmin, mr. chung playing classical music before class because it 'soothes' the soul isn't weird. he just really likes the genre."

"no!" as seungmin shakes his head, "you know hyunjin right? he asked me out. he wants to get to know me more, but i didn't answer him..."

jisung tilts his head, a spoon digging into his rice and it stays propped there. "that's odd, i didn't know hyunjin took a liking in you."

"that's what i'm saying!" seungmin's eyes widen, mind still blown by the fact the hwang hyunjin tried to ask him out on a date. "in all honesty, he seems like a nice guy. but, i'm too shy for him. i could never."

"i don't think you should." jisung states, "my best friend instincts are telling me he isn't the best guy. sure, he's been through a lot, but i don't think you should take the offer min."

"why?"

"i just told you," he sighs, "best friends instinct are kicking in."

seungmin rolls his eyes, "please jisung. we can't just judge him because you're gassy. my heart is telling me i should give him a chance!"

"your heart will also be crying at the end once he breaks it." jisung points to seungmin, as if his finger will change his mind. "i don't think you should trust that smile. but if you really want to, go ahead. i'll be sure to prepare the ice cream and strawberries before hand if it all goes downhill."

"i don't wanna be naive and say nothing will go wrong. but! sometimes people won't work out. so if we don't, i'll try my best to handle it." as seungmin gives the boy a thumbs up, "i'll tell him tomorrow. wish me lots of good luck, okay?"

"oh, don't worry. i definitely will be."