12

friday, the day hyunjin and jisung were going to be working on their dreadful math project. the day that jisung had to deal with being alone with hyunjin at his place. he was quite aware that he needed to clean up his attitude before meeting hyunjin, being an asshole wouldn't allow them to get anything done. especially if he pushed the dancer away. after school, he was gonna run back home for a bit and pack his stuff. he also needed to inform his parents that he'd be home quite late in case if the project took longer than expected.

"jisung, are you free tonight?" felix, the boy from his english class questions before he leaves his locker. he was going to head home so he wouldn't have to worry later about his unnecessary items. "we should go to the skatepark and get ice cream."

"oh, I—" as jisung slams his locker closed, "I have plans."

"with seungmin?" as the australian raises a brow.

"no..with someone else." jisung doesn't understand why he's hesitant to say the name, but sometimes he liked to keep his plans private towards others. "don't worry about it."

"alright then." felix shrugs, watching the boy leave in a hurry.

jisung makes his way home alone, although he was used to seungmin being by his side. this was only gonna be a one-time thing, so next week he'd be strolling the familiar streets with his best friend once again. he hurries home, only because he doesn't want anyone familiar to stop him in the middle of his plans. all he desired was for his time with hyunjin to go smoothly. so, once he arrives at his front door, he pulls out his keys from the front pocket of his jeans and fumbles around for the right key. he opens the bottom lock first, then the top one. twirling the knob a couple times, the door pushes open as he puts some of his weight into it.

usually at this time, his father would be home and working within his office finishing some work that wasn't completed. due to it being a friday, nobody liked staying out late since the weekend was literally on their fingertips. he first stops by his office which is on the first floor, quietly opening the door his father spins around in his chair and lifts a brow as he makes eye contact with his son. "I'm going out with a friend. I'll be home late"

"seungmim?"

he pauses, nodding his head shortly. "yeah.."

his father then turns his chain around once again and gives him a thumbs up, jisung proceeds to close the door and makes his way to his own room. running up the stairs, his bag hits his back with each step. once he reaches the top, he walks towards his door slightly out of breath. he grabs onto the knob and pushes it open with full force to where to hits the wall behind it. he throws everything he has on him, his keys to his phone. the heavy backpack he was carrying all day that he was relieved to get off. but firstly, he changes his clothes into something more comfortable. jisung slides open the mirror closet that reveals his set of clothes, scanning the clean items he had sitting within the shelves and hanging on hangers. he grabs a pair of sweatpants and a simple graphic t-shirt. in case if the weather gets chilly, his fingers grasp onto a sweatshirt that immediately slip off the white hanger, which makes it swing back and forth because of the force. once he's done with attire, he moves on to his packed items. zipping open his backpack, his eyes trail to every single folder, binder and notebook he had. picking the ones that didn't correlate to math, he throws them onto his nearby desk. finishing with that simple task, he finally can do his 'stuff.'

sleep.

meeting hyunjin at six p.m. meant he could get some amount of sleep in him. besides, he would definitely need the energy for when it came to work, the bubble tea simply wouldn't be enough. he flops onto his bed, allowing the comfort seep into him he shortly knocks out.

but, the sleepy squirrel should have prepared more.

*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*

as hyunjin waits for the younger boy, he leans against the building of the popular bubble tea joint that everybody knew of. he checks his phone occasionally but, it was stupid of him to since he didn't get jisung's number. which was another stupid move. the boy threatened him to not be late, but here he is, not within his prescence when it was already six ten p.m. "where is he?..." hyunjin whispers to himself, a bit irritated. yet, little did he understand that the boy had actually jumped out of bed once he saw the time on his electric clock that sits on his desk nearby. he grabbed his keys and his bag that still laid in the same position on his bed and headed out the door. he didn't he get the time to yell out to his father that he was leaving, but surely he'd get the message of why he was in a rush.

"for fucks sake!" he yells, running as he slips a hand into his sweatpants's pocket trying to feel for his phone. but nothing was there, "god dammit!" the boy was suddenly hit with the realization that he had forgotten his phone on his bed, but it was already too late and he was making hyunjin wait. also, he didn't even charge the device when he was asleep, it would've been useless either way. as he's running to the bubble tea joint, he hated that he was wasting his breath on this when he was aware that they'd be walking to hyunjin's place later. how dreadful.

but, hyunjin was a really nice guy. he believed. hyunjin would definitely understand the situation he was in, right? he didn't want to stress too much over him being late, so he just kept running. once the place got closer, he recognized the tall figure that stood outside. hyunjin carried no backpack, which was understandable but he didn't seem like he was angry. that was a big plus for jisung. "hey!" he calls out, he hadn't ran in so long he felt like his legs were turning into jelly. "I'm! I'm so sorry I'm late!" he quickly apologizes once he tumbles in front of hyunjin, the boy's reflexes react to where he tries to catch the boy. jisung's face butting into his chest as hyunjin handles him by his shoulders, "oh...."

"no worries." hyunjin smiles, "I wasn't waiting long."

"I actually forgot my phone.." jisung admits, "I brought everything else but my phone."

"that's not good. will you be okay walking home after we're done?"

jisung's eyes widen, he backs away from hyunjin shortly and slaps his own forehead, "oh my gosh, why didn't I think of that."

"it's fine, you can sleepover. besides, you look really comfy." as hyunjin implies his attire, jisung looks away from embarassment as he believes the boy is judging him. "comfort over representation is something I'd favor at this time, you look fine. but, are you getting a drink?"

"yeah..want me to buy you something since you waited?

"sure!" hyunjin replies happily from the given offer, "anything is fine, I'm really glad you and I are getting along."

jisung scratches the back of his head, "yeah.." he then enters the shop, leaving hyunjin outside to chill by himself once again.

hyunjin shakes his head due to the boy, the mask that he displayed earlier in school disappeared. jisung wasn't acting like jisung, it was as if he now trusted the boy even if the time span between the moments were so little. what was he going to do with him?

"what a sweet little squirrel.."