08

hyunjin surprisingly arrives earlier than seungmin although he took his precious time within his basement, he doesn't rush the boy. making him feel guilty the first minute he got there would be a dumb move. so he waits outside the restaurant, foot tapping on the cement as he scans the area for time to pass by quicker. he has already reserved a table for them, hyunjin simply told the waiter that he'd wait outside for his other party.

"hyunjin!" the voice is out of breath, seungmin waves his hand but suddenly drops as he stumbles next to him. pushing him lightly as his weight presses against him, "so sorry! my friend jisung was scolding me before I got here, am I late?"

hyunjin pats his shoulder gently, signifying reassurance as he replies. "no, you're not. don't worry, I already got us a table. I'm just glad you came."

seungmin gives him a bright smile, eyes twinkling as he appreciates his kind words. "thank you...I'm not very familiar with dates..."

"I'll be sure to take the lead then." hyunjin's hand trails down to the boy's, "can I?" he taps his fist, wanting his fingers to unravel and allow the boy to grasp onto his. seungmin doesn't hesitate, he allows the five fingers to slip between the crevasses of his own hands. "no need to be nervous, I'll be here."

what a gentleman.

how naive.

as hyunjin leads them to their table, he ignores the stares but seungmin's head only falls down the second they enter the restaurant. he felt so awkward, he felt way out of hyunjin's league. but, as they sit down at their table. hyunjin leans in forward and makes a grab-like hand motion, the brunette leans in as well. the older boy swerves towards the side of seungmin's face, lips almost brushing against the boy's ear as he leans in a bit too close. "it doesn't matter what they think, only look at me."

seungmin gulps from the demanding request, his bottom hits the booth's squishy seat. he looks at the boy, captivating eyes as he mouths a couple words. 'only me.'

he nods, complying to his demand. "only you..." he whispers back, "got it."

hyunjin grins widely, his pearly white teeth flashing the boy. "good." they open their menus and skim through, seungmin's eyes were caught by the pictures since he'd know what his order would look like. they draw more attention rather than reading descriptions of dishes. "do you know what you want?" hyunjin questions a couple minutes after, "order anything you'd like, it's on me today."

"oh, no that's too much." seungmin immediately replies, attention setting away from his menu and onto hyunjin. "really, we can split the bill."

"I asked you out so it's reasonable for me to pay, besides I want to. don't feel bad min, it's a simple lunch date it won't do any damage." hyunjin reassures, but the other pouts from his words. "awe, don't give me that look. makes me wanna eat you up instead."

seungmin's eyes widen, he grabs the menu and blocks his forming tomato colored face from the boy. hyunjin can only chuckle, he shakes his head playfully and tugs down the booklet. a slapping noise echoes into their ears as he does. "don't hide yourself, I'm just kidding. only if you'd like." as he winks, teasing the boy.

"I—I...no, I was just shocked. I'm not use to this type of stuff." he shyly replies, tone somewhat babyish as he's recollecting himself.

"get use to it baby." hyunjin's eyes drift away from the menu and his attention focuses on seungmin, "I'll be showering you with a lot of new things."

"that's...interesting?" as he awkwardly responds, "should I be excited."

"depends." hyunjin begins to relax, his back hitting the booth's support. "does trying new things and living on the edge sound fun to you?"

seungmin lips don't curl into a smile, yet they frown slightly from his words. "I...don't know. I've never done anything wild except for being pushed around in a shopping cart by jisung.."

"jisung?" hyunjin tilts his head, hearing the name once again. he lifts a brow and snaps his fingers, making seungmin lock eyes with him once again. "is he your best friend?"

seungmin nods from the asked question, "he is, been friends with him for more than ten years." he smiles from the boy's name being brought up, "he's a really great guy. but, he also was quite iffy about letting me go on a date with you."

"seems like he's more of your boyfriend rather than your best friend." hyunjin suggests, pursing his lips as he looks away from the boy. "you're not playing with me right? I didn't see you as that type."

seungmin's eyes widen, he begins to wave his hands around denying the assumption made. "no! it's not like that, I promise."

"don't talk about him around me, makes me jealous." hyunjin boldly states. seungmin can only comply to his request due to him not wanting to anger the boy. "look, I don't mean no harm. I just want this to be about you and I."

"that's understandable..."

"don't pout." hyunjin leans forward once again, "makes me feel like a bad guy sweetheart, I'm not."

"I know..."

"you sure?"

"huh?" the inaudible words catches seungmin off guard, but hyunjin's formed smile distracts the boy from his own thoughts. .

"nothing, let me call the waiter." he states slyly, hyunjin was surprised how slow the boy was. "remember, this is about you and I."