15

as hyunjin laid in bed with jisung, he runs his fingers through his hair as he thinks. staring up at his white, popcorn textured ceiling as he thinks about the position he's in. getting rid of jisung would be an easy access to seungmin, but, the only problem that would erupt was the occurrence of jisung's unexpected disappearance. now, that would be quite sketchy. hyunjin was tied to him in some way, as he is creating a dumb math project with him. so, he decides to play it safe and go down a different path.

he'd gain jisung's trust first, ensuring that the boy was comfortable enough with him to where dating seungmin was far from a sin. though jisung's beauty struck hyunjin's eyes within the last passing hours, he always stuck to his plans.

maybe jisung would be next.

"jisung, you don't hate me right?"

"hyunjin.." he mumbles, trying to fight through the pain of his aching headache. the water he was given was slightly helping, hyunjin made sure that the boy wasn't dehydrated, "no..I don't, is that clear now?"

"yeah.." hyunjin responds softly, his hand motions stopping as his fingers move away from the younger boy's locks. "so..about dating seungmin—"

"do what you want." as he wants to end the conversation as quickly as possible, he wasn't in the best condition to keep a stable discussion. "just..make sure he's happy."

hyunjin raises a brow, looking down at the boy who pays no attention to him. "jisung, do you like seungmin?"

that's when he stops responding. did that question hit one of his buttons? could be so, hyunjin didn't think about the possibility of jisung having a small crush on his best friend. but, as he began to connect the dots he could definitely see the brunette having romantic feelings for the kim seungmin. "is that why you dislike the idea of us being together?.."

"n—no.." he finally answers, it's soft and his tone has a hint of heartbreak. jisung begins to grasp onto the sheets, a sign that he does no want to continue on with the talk, "just...just do what you want."

"seems like you don't want me to do that."

"hyunjin, please. stop."

of course, he doesn't. hyunjin's eyes sparkle as he realizes he's found the jackpot, he's pinpointed jisung's weakness and now he was able to make things a bit more interesting. "why? I only have a couple questions sungie."

"s—stop." jisung's head began to hurt even more, "we can talk about this later..."

"why not now? we've already gotten this far." hyunjin questions, beginning his interrogation. all he can do is internally smirk, hands trailing back to jisung as he starts to inject his poison into the younger. "you love him , don't you?," his index finger trails down jisung's neck, he gets a small reaction as the boy flinches from his touch, "the thought of him being taken away is just incredibly heartbreaking, don't you think? you look out for him tremendously because one, he's of course your best friend and because you're deeply in love with him. romance isn't seungmin's thing from what i understand, but, it seems as if you're already the perfect match for him since you know everything about seungmin."

jisung's breath hitches as he listens to his words, eyes widening as the truth spilled from hyunjin's mouth. "you pointed out some of my flaws and displayed them to seungmin, forming them into bad traits that would be toxic when you, jisung, don't even know my story. you want him all to yourself huh?"

"h—hyunjin..enough." as he shakes, hating how his body became stiff but his heart beat like a maniac. he couldn't describe the feeling he was experiencing, nor the position he felt he was in. because jisung began to believe that his overprotectiveness didn't pop out only because he wanted to keep seungmin's heart from breaking, but from the fact that he's in love with his best friend. "y—you already have it so stop..."

"but darling, I want him as much as you want him." hyunjin explains, he uses a finger to turn jisung's face towards his. hyunjin forces eye contact although jisung's eyes are glossy, on the verge of spilling tears. "you want him, don't you."

jisung shortly nods.

"you're so selfish jisung." he spits, jisung nods as he agrees from his words. he's never felt so weak when it came to another person, this was a rare occasion to where jisung displayed his vulnerability. "wanting seungmin all to yourself. so selfish..but I am too..you see we both want him. isn't that a big problem?"

"he wants you though.." jisung acknowledges as seungmin was hung up on the idea of hyunjin, though he did everything in his will to prevent it. he was doomed. "I—I can't change that..he's happy..."

"oh sweetheart. you seem to be having some trouble with love." hyunjin pouts, though his emotions don't match his expression. "why don't I help you?"

jisung gives him an odd look, "why?" with the turn of the conversation, jisung was straying away far from his strong mindset, "what would you even do?"

"you'd have to trust me to see. if you want seungmin, I'll help you get him."

"he's into you." jisung firmly states, "we can't change that."

"oh, don't worry. I can." as hyunjin squishes both his cheeks, "baby, give me all your trust and I'll have him deeply head over heels for you. trust me, okay?.."

the last word is what triggered jisung, so simple yet reassuring. throughout the years, jisung and seungmin have only had the label of best friends on them. jisung craved for the label to extend to a higher position, such as, boyfriends. he wanted that a bit too bad, but he would never admit it. yet, hyunjin seemed to pinpoint everything. he also appeared to have much knowledge about relationships when he dissected his words. as jisung thinks, his final decision was the completion injection of hyunjin's words that would now be swimming in his system for eternity. "so, jisung, what's your answer?"

one simple nod, and that's all it took.

"such a good boy, let's make seungminnie's yours. okay?"

a/n: i haven't updated this since
october, i am so sorry T-T