05

once the bell rings for their passing period, students hurry out of their classrooms to get to their fourth periods. especially seungmin, he wants to give hyunjin his answer before class starts. his third and fourth period aren't a stretch when it comes to walking, but he speeds his way there knowing hyunjin was one of the people who always arrived early. once he enters the classroom, the temperature always falls down abruptly making his body shiver from the cool air. it was always liked that when he entered english. but there he caught hyunjin minding his own business as usual, taking out of his notebook quietly and other necessities for this subject. he walks on over quietly, ensuring no other students will try to converse with him. as he's behind the boy's desk, he taps his shoulder.

"hyunjin." he calls, one hand grips onto his backpack strap for dear life as he begins the conversation with him. it doesn't take years for the boy to respond, he moves quite quickly as if he knew seungmin was already in the class. "uh..about your question yesterday. i'm saying yes."

hyunjin's eyes widen, but inside confetti does not explode because he wasn't surprised by the answer he received. more of, he expected the boy to say yes. "really? i'm glad you took it into mind."

"yeah, i wanted to tell you as soon as possible because i didn't want to leave you hanging."

"that's fine, you could've taken all the time you needed. besides, no pressure. if you said no i would have been perfectly fine with the answer, in fact we can't force two people to love each other. correct?" hyunjin gives him a small smile, the emphasis of specific words made seungmin's heart jolt. he couldn't figure out what the funny feeling was, but he had to brush it aside due him conversing with hyunjin in the moment.

"yeah..that's true." seungmin agreed shortly, he pulls out his seat's chair and sits down. "so, are we going on a date or exchanging numbers? it's kinda my first time experiencing these type of things."

hyunjin's head tilts, intrigued to how he was the first person to engage with seungmin in this area. "really? your first."

"well hyunjin, i don't look like you so what do you expect?" seungmin jokes around, "i don't have a strong aura, people don't perceive much."

"i think you look adorable." hyunjin states, hoping it kisses up to him. but for a boy who's never had a romantic relationship or partner, it would easily slip into his heart. "in all honesty, i'd date you. you seem like a lovely person."

seungmin looks down into his lap, hiding his forming blush from the pretty boy staring at him. "hyunjin, that's sweet of you to say but don't lie to me. it's not nice."

"whoever said i was lying?" hyunjin firmly questions, seungmin suddenly feels the atmosphere change between them. did he say something wrong? he wants to question yet a giggle escapes hyunjin's mouth, confusion only fills seungmin as he doesn't understand the certain switch. "hahaha! did i scare you? awe, don't worry it was just a simple question."

seungmin looks up, giving him a nervous smile before scratching his neck. seungmin scanned the boy's expression, his body language and the life in his eyes. he didn't seem mad. overthinking people's feelings was definitely a habit of seungmin, he hated angering people. it wasn't a pleasant sight to watch. "yeah..gave me a worry there for a sec."

"don't worry min, i'm not angry. but what about this? are you free saturday. if so, i want to take you out. nice lunch, get to know each other and i'll buy us drinks right after. does that sound nice to you?"

seungmin nods his head without hesitation. the only place he'd usually go to was jisung's, so this was something foreign to him. the fact that he was finally going somewhere without his best friend seemed off, but he was up for the plan. "that's great, i'll give you my number and send you the address of the place i wanna take you to. the food is great." hyunjin states, pulling out his phone to hand to seungmin. the boy shortly takes it and punches in his number to then give back to hyunjin. "i'll text you more details later, but i'll be waiting for saturday." as hyunjin gives a wink to the boy, which makes the other flustered.

"y—yeah..me too.."