First Sunset

Dawn broke open the sky to bring about the night, the sky prepared for that time by painting itself in a pinky-orange mess, an organised mess, one that made me tingle on the inside. I watched the sky slowly change from beneath the mass of the water, patiently waiting for the moon to fully rise into the sky, that was the time I was to meet the woman from before. She told me my name was Scylla and all I can think about is how she knows that, was she someone I knew? A friend? Family, perhaps? No matter our relation she seemed confused that I was not human, isn't that how I've always been?

My mind felt as if it had blurred out anything from before seeing that woman, leaving me in a puddle of my doubt. The doubt of humanity and what the humans were capable of, after all, she herself was human and she could put such a trance on me, one that left me in a flush of heat. Yet, I felt an undying urge to become human, to meet humanity. This urge reminded me of a feel I had once felt before,

**Walking along the path gave me the undying urge to become one with the water and yet this was the easiest part of the journey**

Thinking of this time hurt my head, I don't remember enough to piece the scene together therefore there was no point in trying, it would only give me a headache. But I wonder, who was I? Was I someone important or someone that wasn't seen much? Oh! Did I have anyone special in my life? My chest felt light and I became giddy at the thought of someone who loves me and that I love, though I feel as if I have never felt such a thing. Mystery woman mentioned a kiss was a gesture of love yet love was such a funny thing. How does one know when they are in love? Heh, I guess I'll never know..

"Scylla!" called a voice, seemingly coming from the shore, "Scylla! Are you here?" the voice called again as my head rose about the water. She looked around and saw me floating in the water, she did a hand gesture attempting to call me over, I did as such and moved my tail to match the water's currents, pushing myself towards the land.

However, something was different about this woman, she had seemingly spent time gaining articles of clothing and she was no longer covering her naked body with a white shirt. She wore a long sleeve, frilled, white shirt paired with a black tunic/corset which was completed with a mid calf length, black skirt. Her feet remained bare as she padded along the wet sand towards me. This time she had dry, messy, brown hair that stuck up in places, almost as if she had never brushed her hair in her life. 

Something really irked me about her this time around, I had to double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things or going mad. I could see her heart, it glowed a pink colour which to me linked to love or passion. Unbeknown to me, she stood with a glowing heart that I could see. As I neared closer to her it seemed to glow brighter and it confused me, why could I see it? 

Her smile grew as she rushed to me the second I pulled myself onto the rock on which I sat on during our last encounter, she went on and on about how humans move and she was very giddy about the types of clothing and food and their hundreds of personalities. But she paused when it got to the part of human men, she attempted a huge smile to cover her hesitation and said that they were wonderful. It was obvious she was lying, the last time I had seen her she was much more open with her body but this time around she was rather closed off about herself, covering parts of her body. Her heart grew a blue colour which scared me as I figured out that Sirens are attracted to blue hearts also known as broken hearts, that's how Sirens change into humans, by kissing those with broken hearts.

"Stop.." I whispered to her, searching around in sign for other Sirens.

"Stop what?" she asked me.

"Stop talking," I told her, she looked at me with pure confusion and so I repeated myself. Seconds later I could hear singing coming from the water, the woman covered her ears immediately, attempting to hide from the sound. She seemed to be aware of what the singing could do to her. However, a human can't hide from the Siren's curse. She uncovered her ears and stood up, walking towards the sound, I began to panic, if I didn't do something she would be turned into a Siren. So I did the only thing I could think of, I began singing, luring her away from the Siren in the water and back over to me. The woman stood between the two voices and looked around, confused as to which voice she should go to. I could see the Siren in the water peak above the surface and move closer to her, but I acted fast, dragging myself across the sand until I was sitting on my tail in front of her singing. Both figures snapped their heads toward me and the human sat on the sand in front of me, sitting in a trance and the Siren backed away and stopped singing, as did I.

The woman stared at me in shock, seemingly aware of what had happened.
"Y..you..?"
My eyes watched her with a void expression, empty and cold. She began laughing, almost psychotically. Her voice rung in my ears, mesmerising, eventually to the point of me feeling like I was under her control. My cheeks grew warm and felt as if they would explode from the amount of heat.

After a while, she stopped laughing and gave me a genuine smile,

"The name's Neveille by th' way"