Their Story

Neveille and I spent hours talking of our pasts and what we don't remember. My golden tail shone in the morning sun every time I moved. Neveille had given me a pearl bracelet that I had seen before, I just couldn't place my finger on it.

But I just kept remembering, no matter how fun the talk was.

**Flashback Start**
Darkness flooded the dimly lit street. Lampposts shining like a dying sun in the night time. Metal creaked from every angle, my left and my right. Aside from said creaking, the street was hung with cloths of deathly silence. BANG. Sudden movements. Head moving to look behind me. Silence. Figures moving in. Leaning closer with every step, reaching in to grab me. Eyes shut. Nothing.

Shadows. They lay still on the ground. Only three. Me, a lamppost and the silhouette of a man. Silhouette. His silhouette was darker than the night sky. Tap. Tap. Rain hit the ground in time with his steps. Quickening. The dimly lit street was no longer the darkness I saw.
**Flashback End**

I had no recollection of what happened before or after this yet it makes me so emotional, it didn't seem like anything that would ever happen to someone in the water.

"Hey.." a voice spoke from beside me, upon looking I saw a painful sight. Neveille's head was slightly hung with a sad smile that was painted carefully into mind, "you shouldn't trust me, I'm the reason you're like this Scylla.."

"I don't understand, what ever could you possibly mean? You've done nothing but help me!"

"That's not true.." she continued, "you weren't always a siren y'know.."

A wave of confusion hit me, I had known that since I woke up but she was reinforcing the idea, trying to burn it into my mind, as if she was trying to tell me that she's the reason I'm a siren. But she couldn't possibly be, she's such a sweet girl.

"Heh.. that's what you think.." confusion hit like a horse wagon this time, she seemingly heard my line of thought. "Yeah.. yeah I did. I'm sorry, I have a unique power, I've had it since I awoke."

"Awoke?"

"Oh it's not that important, honestly"

"..."

"..."

"Well uhm! Say, you may get withdrawals soon, you must return to the water," she seemed in a rush to get me away, "I apologise for the lower parts of our conversation, but I had fun. That's not something I can say often, thank you. Ahem! I will visit you tomorrow at the same time" and with that, without allowing me a word, she fled. Moved away like her life depended on it and yet I was the opposite, I sat like a beached whale but a beached siren.

Returning to the water after approximately half an hour was the worst thing, each siren that I came across watched me like I was food.

My heart glows, like a human..

A/N
Hello, I apologise for the lack of updates and the short chapter, my mental state has not been the best recently and I'm trying to be happier again! I hope you understand.

Thank you!