7

Dudley and Rayne were the first ones to wake up on the first of September. The got ready and sat in the parlor, the house elves twittered around them and made tea for the adults and gave juice to the children.

They had decided that they would floo to Malfoy manor and then leave for Kings Cross Station together. After breakfast they flooed to Malfoy manor, the elves had already transported their luggage. Draco was waiting for them in front of the fireplace, he was too excited to sit still so they went out to fly on the broomsticks that Lucius had bought them as gift for starting Hogwarts. Even though first year students were not allowed broomsticks at school, all three of them could fly really well and did so often.

They flew around the manor, chasing peacocks that roamed the grounds. At ten thirty they were called inside and then flooed to Kings Cross station. On the platform was a Scarlet engine that let out steam. There were children running around the platform, carrying trolleys filled with luggage and their pets in their cages. Dudley, Draco and Rayne had let their owls free so that they could meet them at Hogwarts they had named them Ninja, Shadow and Dawn respectively.

Lucius helped in finding them an empty trolley and magicked their luggage inside, they children were handed a small pouch of money by the adults so they could buy sweets from the trolley in the train. Petunia handed Rayne an unmarked letter, she asked her to give it to Severus Snape as soon as she has the chance to. They hugged and kissed goodbye. Petunia and Narcissa had tears in their eyes. Rayne was given instructions as to how Dumbledore and his cronies would try to gain access to her; she was warned to be cautious of strangers and him as well.

The train whistled sharply and let out clouds of steam. They entered inside the train and waved at the adults, Lucius and Vernon had a proud look on their faces while Narcissa and Petunia looked as if they wanted to yank them out of the train and take back home with them, promising to write as soon as they got sorted they went to sit as the train started moving.

Rayne got a book about different crops and their cultivation and began to read it while Draco and Dudley started a game of Gobstones. They were engrossed in their respective interest when their compartment door opened suddenly. On the door was a tall, lanky red haired boy. He had dirt on his nose and when he saw Draco he turned his nose up as he had smelled something foul, that action alone makes Rayne determined not to like him. He looks at Dudley and finally his gaze lands on her or more specifically on her scar; even though the Horcrux had been taken out the scar still remained even if it was a little faded. He looks at Rayne smiles and says.

'Hello, Rayne Potter. I am Ron Weasley. My mother asked me to seek you; we used to play together when we were children. You should not sit with these people.'

He says as if he had not just insulted two people he had just met, well three but he didn't realize that Rayne was offended on her cousins' behalf.

'These people, just what you mean by that?' she shot back at him in an even tone not betraying any of her emotions.

'Dark people, Rayne they might as well have come to Hogwarts in Slytherin robes, I know they will be sorted there, all dark people are. You should sit with me. My parents knew about your parents, I believe I would be a better friend than these wannabe snakes. I bet they already know dark curses.' His tone was full of venom as so were his words. Rayne simply stared at him.

She gets up and stands in front of him, seeing this Draco and Dudley move to her sides.

Rayne with a glare puts her wand under Weasley's neck and says, 'The people who you just insulted are my cousins, Heir Malfoy and Heir Evans and I am Heiress Potter to you. I never gave you permission to use my name. Your parents might have known mine but I surely don't. I was raised by my aunt and she taught me not to be prejudiced, and never insult Slytherin in front of me, my grandmother Potter was a Slytherin and a Black, I am told that I have many characteristic Black traits, also I like snakes, find them adorable. You should leave as you have already insured that we will never be friends.'