13

Oberyn Martell

Oberyn was getting antsy. He didn't do well in closed confined places; he wanted to be in Myr as soon as he could. All he had wanted to do in the past two moons was to see his sister and hug the life out of her. She might be the elder one but he had always assumed it was his duty to protect his only sister. When he heard she was dead and the circumstances of her death all he wanted was to raise hell on Tywin Lannister and his gold shitting ass but Doran being the voice of reason stopped him. He told him that they needed to bid their time and when the situation favored them they would rain hell on the Golden Lion of Casterly Rock.

But know there was a chance that his sister was alive. He wanted to leave as soon as he could but he wanted to take Ellaria and his son Elias with him so he had to wait a whole month so they were fit enough to travel with him.

Now three months later the city of Myr was visible to them, he could see the sun shining off the huge glass castle giving it an ethereal look. With the Martell sigil displayed proudly on the sails the ship named Elia's Sun.

Oberyn was lost in his thoughts when he was joined on the deck by Ellaria who had their son Elias nestled in her arms. Oberyn opened his arms to carry his son, having his sleeping son in his arms calmed his somewhat but he was still a little nervous.

'Don't you worry my dear, I am completely sure we will find what you are looking for here in Essos. I have prayed every night since the day you told me the reason of this trip. Have faith, we will meet her soon enough. ' Ellaria said with a small smile on her face as she hold his hand in hers.

'I am not worried. I know the letter was genuine; it was her handwriting, her words and had our secret code. I am eager to see her. I have dreamt of this day, the day I have in her in my arms and today I will get to live my dream. What I am feeling right now is fear. What if this is all a dream and I wake up in my bed because it would be very cruel of the gods to give me such a dream.'

'Oh my love, you are many things but a dreamer you are not and I don't think you are capable of imagining such tall tales. You have an active imagination in the bedroom my dear but outside it not so much. I might have never known your sister personally but from what I have heard from you she must be amazing. So let us not worry so much and wait to see her.'

The family of three stands on the deck and see the city of Myr come closer and closer. As soon as the ship docks at the port Oberyn's breathe hitches. He quickly composes himself and moves to get down from the ship. He carefully climbs down making sure Elias is well and is not disturbed from his sleep.

Soon he is joined by Ellaria; they stand as the Martell guards forms a protective circle around them. They begin moving outside when they are greeted by a dozen armed guards and between them is a young girl.

The girl in question might be around fifteen years old, she is beautiful and the way she carries herself and the people regard her it is evident that she is important, very important. She moves forward and greets them.

'Welcome Lord Martell and Lady Ellaria to Myr. My name is Rayne; I requested to be allowed to escort you all to Myr palace. Everyone is waiting for you there.' She says.

'From what I have heard Myr castle is the house of the Gryffindor family, the ruler of Essos. Why would they be waiting for us? What business would Sirius Gryffindor have with a second son of a great house of another continent?' Oberyn asks he was curious why they had sent a young girl to escort them.

The girl, Rayne cocks her eyebrow at him as if she was trying to read him. She stares at him for a minute and Oberyn could feel himself getting angry. As if she could feel he might burst out in anger she breaks the stare and smiles as if she knows something he is not privy to.