9

Jon snow was happy. For the first time in his life he was content. Yesterday a missive came from his uncle Ned stating that he would visit him in as soon as possible. The last time Ned Stark had been in Moat Cailin was when the construction of the castle and town had started. It was a ruin back then but now Moat Cailin was a proud castle standing twenty towers tall and Griffin Hollow was a prospering town which was still expanding. It had been five years since the city had been completed and people had started settling in the city, today the population of the city was over two hundred thousand people living here and thousands of people came here for trade. Jon had set up inns all over the city which were maintained and run by the castle for all the merchants who travelled for trade.

Sers Dayne and Hightower disguised as his caretakers helped him in running the city. Moat was becoming the city for major trade. They traded rice, jewelry and spices along with weapons and clothing made of silk, cotton and fur. Jon and Rayne had big plans for the Moat. They had decided that after two years they would start the production of glass in their lands. Glass was a treasured commodity that was only produced in Myr. Jon had seen how common glass was in Rayne's world and the variety of things it could be used for. Jon knew that the next few years would be very busy for him.

Rayne was busy. She had not expected the time and care it took to raise two dragons. After coming home for the holidays she had finished her homework in a week and the rest of the break was spent taking care of Lilyanna and Rayegal. She spent all her free time to practice her magic. Being naturally gifted was not enough as she knew that sooner or later she would have to face Lord Voldemort and fight for her life. The goblins at Gringotts had spent the entire year searching for objects that radiated the same magic as the soul piece from her scar. They had found five places that radiated the same magic but they could only get their hands on three objects; a diary found hidden in Lucius's father study, a cup in Bellatrix Lestarnge's vault which Narcissa gave the permission to take out and a ring which belonged to the Peverell family hidden in an abandoned shack. The goblins promptly destroyed they soul pieces in the three objects, the process destroyed the diary but the cup and stone of the ring remained whole. The goblins presented both of them to Rayne; the stone belonging to the Peverell family was again set into a ring and was now on Rayne's finger. The cup was said to have healing properties so Rayne took it with her in the off chance that she might need it in Westeros. The two Horcrux they could not get were hidden in Hogwarts and the Black ancestral house. Narcissa was a Black by marriage but she was not the heir and the heir was in Azkaban, Sirius Black was thrown into jail without a trial on Barty Crouch's order after he was charged with the murder of Peter Pettigrew and twelve muggles. He was not even given a trail. When Rayne asked Narcissa about her godfather she was surprised to hear about a brilliant Auror who had captured many death eaters and had walked out on his family instead of upholding their views on blood bigotry. Armed with this knowledge she asked her uncle Vernon and Lucius to ask for a trial for Sirius in the next Wizengamot meeting. So on thirteen June during the Wizengamot session Lucius called for a trail of Sirius Black. He explained how he had never been given a trial and how Rayne after hearing about him wanted to find the truth about his betrayal. Using Rayne's name was a cheap shot but that convinced the members to finally bring Sirius to the chamber. Dumbledore was absent from the session as he was busy interviewing candidates for the new professor for DADA. The man who entered was weak and gaunt, his eyes hollow and his stare glassy. He was tied to the chair and given Veritaserum, the effect was immediate. The minister, Cornelius Fudge was acting as Chief Warlock for today and he asked the questions.

'What is your name?'

'Sirius Orion Black' He replied in a raspy voice.

'State your date of birth'

'3 November 1959.'

'Were you the secret keeper for James Potter, Lily Potter and Rayne Potter?'