14

The small council in Kings Landing was in a fix. They had hoped against hope that the new rising king of Essos would be shut down by Bravoss and their house of Faceless Men but they joined in support of the new house. In the two years since the new king had made Myr his capital, Essos had changed; no longer were the cities fighting amongst themselves for trade and slavery had been abolished.

After much deliberation the King of Westeros had invited the foreign king to his house for a visit to develop friendly relations.

All the major houses and their heirs were invited to this month long visit of foreign royalty.

The council was busy with the arrangements. More Golden Cloaks were recruited, stores filled with food and kitchens overflowing with cooks, drinks brought out by the barrels.

King Robert was looking forward for the visit. He had great things about the new king, how he was warrior reborn and could fight with skill unseen by many. He had also heard about the new strange beasts one of the Princes had tamed and had made an elite force of archers had rode them along with him. Now that was how a prince should be in his opinion.

Queen Cersi was of two minds, on one hand she looked forward to new goods and exquisite gifts the foreigners might bring with them but she did not want them in her keep. Her father, the mighty Tywin Lannister wanted her to entice the King's daughter and make her marry Joffery but she did not want that. After all how would she be able to control a girl who had an entire kingdom on her back and call? According to their spies Princess Rayne was the muse for many new songs written in her honor. She was just not a beautiful girl but was known to hold court with her father, uncle and brothers. Being the only female of the family she was loved and doted upon by everyone. The small folk loved her; she had installed public schools and free clinics for them. She did not want such a free minded girl as her good daughter. Cersi wanted someone she could intimidate and make her fear her.

The Essosi Royal family was due to arrive any moment now. The sails of the thirty ships were seen from the window of the Master of Whispers; Varys looked pensively at the sea and then with a sigh leaves his room to receive the Gryffindors.

So it begins....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Rayne stood on the hull of the ship as she saw Kings Landing in front of them. She was prepared for the chaos that would spread on their arrival at Westeros and it was all because one Sirius Black also called Man child by one Severus Snape was too eager to marry the love of his love.

The love story of Visenya Targaryen and Sirius Black / Gryffindor was one for the songs. He chased after her, serenaded her and even cuddled a Dragon for her, Rayne had asked for diamond and emerald jewelry from Severus when she had won the bet that Sirius would wear Visenya down.

Their wedding was beautiful but it was a closely held secret not many were privy to the information, people in Westeros with the exception of Tyrell's, Martells and Ned Stark and his heir and younger daughter as they were guests in the wedding. Visenya had taken the maternal role in the lives of the three children like a dragon takes on flying. They were old enough to not need a mother but were still young enough to need someone to talk to form time to time. She shared a particular strong bond with Rayne and loved her as much as she loved Daenerys.

The past two years were good for the Targaryens and the Gryffindors and their allies. Oberyn had all but moved to Myr to be close to his sister and Doran was frequent visitor as well. Severus's potions had all but relieved him of gout and the Prince of Dorne was very grateful.

Loras Tyrell was a good friend of Dudley along with Garlan and the three of them frequently rode their griffins and trained together. Willas the scholar Lord of Highgarden was often in the company of Severus to learn more. Margery shared a strong friendship with Rayne and the Targaryen Princesses.