1

"You call that improvement, I beat you in less than 10 minutes." I said looking down at the wheezing boy on the floor.

How the hell did he get into Dauntless?

I would be lying if I said he didn't improve. When he had first came in last year, he could barely run a lap, but now, he was a straight up beef Cake.

Even so, he was still lacking at things. He wasn't brave, he was scared to fight back and that's not what Dauntless was.

Dauntless was brave and loyal. We fought until our last breathe. We protected and fought along side our fellow dauntless.

I knew these things by heart, that's why I was leadership. Cause I knew what it meant to be a true dauntless soldier.

I walked away, pulling my hair from the tight ponytail that I had trapped it in.

Ahhhhh finally, freedom.

I leaned against the wall, letting it help me with balance as I put on my shoes.

I can't wait to go back to my room and shower, maybe play some music and have some crackers and cheese.

I began to smile at the idea of an relaxing evening entering my head.

"Well if it isn't the biggest bitch in Dauntless." Zeke said as he walked over to me, smiling away.

Ouch, I wasn't that big of a bitch.

Okay I was.

"Well if it isn't the biggest hippie in dauntless." I giggled as I stood straight.

Zeke placed his hand over his chest and scrunched up his face. "Oh ouch! My ego." He yelled causing another giggle to surpass my lips.

"What do you need?" I asked grabbing his hands and pulling him into a man hug.

"Eric has summoned you to the pit."

"He summoned me?"

"Yep."

I rolled my eyes and tied my shoes. "I'm not a damn slave." I growled before grabbing my bag and walking ahead of him.

"What does he even need me for?" I asked, looking back at Zeke.

"Check out the new recruits, we have some good ones this year too." He said. "We actually have a few abnegation."

Abnegation?

We rarely got any of them. Most of them didn't last the first two weeks. There were only a few rare cases where they became full on dauntless.

Of course that rare case was Four.

We had walked into the pit and I had seen the new initiates all huddled together, like they wanted to stay together.

They all look weak. I bet none of them would make it past the first section. Especially that stiff standing right in the middle of everyone.

It was obvious that she wasn't going to last, she didn't even look like she belonged there. She stuck out like a sore thumb.

I rolled my eyes and made my way towards Eric.

"Well well Well, if it isn't spider-monkey." He smirked. "You finally came."

I groaned and crossed my arms, trying to ignore the classic nickname that he had gave me.

I looked over everyone, squinting at them trying to scare them. I wanted them to fear me so they would respect me.

To be honest, none of them looked like they have a bad bone in their body.

I guess I don't need to scare them straight.