Chapter 3

Jade's POV

The rest of Sikowitz's class was just plain boring, but mostly because the topic was almost enough to make me almost throw up, and normally I enjoyed his lessons, but this time, it was barely believable. The topic was putting fake emotions in a scene to make it look real, and it seemed to work most times, but for me and Vega, that was gonna be VERY agonizing. I really hate, and she hates me back and I rarely think we'll fool everyone, but since we're both pretty good actresses, we'll make it work.

I couldn't help but think about all of this, my mind seemed to be racing with thoughts. How would we do this? I couldn't possibly be Vega's fake girlfriend. It occurred to me that we'd have to get used to each other's presence this week since we'd be spending a LOT of time together. As I was walking to my second class Writing, I noticed Vega following me. "Vega, why are you following me? Don't you have to go to class?" I asked in a bored tone facing her. "Yeah, I do. Writing. Why would I be following you?" she said brushing past me. "Because, well how am I supposed to know what goes on in that head of yours?" I asked now walking side by side with her. "So anyways," I whispered as we sat next to each other in the classroom "what the hell are we gonna do about this challenge Vega? We can't obviously do this, I'll probably kill you halfway" I watched as her expression remained the same as she said almost instantly "This goes to more than half our grade Jade. I know we hate each other, but I'm not willing to fail this just because you want to kill me. And besides, we're both smart and good actresses, we'll figure it out. It's not like this is the hardest assignment we ever had" she said

She had a point. Sikowitz had once made us play a married couple for a play and he made us go on a date, and we were friends for a while, but it all crumbled down, because we hate each other so much. The teacher came in and started to say something about Shakespeare, when a familiar girly scream filled my ears, and soon, Cat had her arms around me and Vega. She started telling something about her summer and some nonsense about her brother, as the teacher resumed after being interrupted again. "So how's your day been?" She said in her normal cheery voice "Not good" Vega and I said almost in unison. We stared at each other for a second before I turned away in order to pay attention to class.

Tori's POV

When writing class came to an end, I went to my next class when I met André halfway. "André" I screamed as I jumped into him, giving him a hug. "Hey, what's up chica?" he asked me as I accompanied him to his locker. "Oh nothing much, how about you? How was that Music camp?" I replied "It was awesome Tori! I got to meet these really cool people and these really hot..." "Woah, no need for that" I interrupted him, as I knew he was gonna tell me about how hot the girls were at that camp. He grabbed some books from his locker and then we went to Arts class together. We sat down and we talked about writing a new song for the Welcome Back! Party this Saturday. "So we should probably-" I said as I recognized a familiar raven haired girl enter the room. She took one look at me and made sure to sit as far away from me as possible. I snapped back to me senses when André thumped me in the forehead. "You were saying..." he motioned for me to continue. "Oh right. So we should probably write it soon, cause we still have to rehearse it. Maybe tonight you can come over and we'll work on it" I said as the teacher came into the classroom telling us to paint whatever came to our minds.

I had painted a lovely flowery pattern, and I noticed that Jade had drawn a dark room full of scissors. Creepy. André and I parted ways when I had to go to Vocal theory and he had Writing next. I arrived at the room and spotted Beck. "Hey Beck!" I said sitting next to him. "Hey Tori! How's it going?" he asked happily "Well my day didn't start so well, but maybe it'll get better soon. How was your summer? Did you and Cat have fun at that beach you guys went to this summer?" I asked innocently "Oh, we had plenty of fun." He said to himself. I really didn't want to know the details so I payed attention to class, and before I knew it, it was Lunch time.

I grabbed my lunch from the grub truck, and sat down at the table my friends and I always sat at. Jade, André and Robbie were already there, so I sat down and decided to bring up a conversation so that I could spare Jade and my best friend from Robbie's and Rex's nonsense... Wait where's Rex. "Umm, I might regret this later, but where's Rex?" I asked "Robbie here was telling us that he FINALLY got rid of that stupid puppet because his mother was sick of it and threw it in the shredder." Jade said in between bites of her salad "Well, that's pretty awesome for me" Beck said as he and Cat joined us at the table. "Yeah Robbie, that puppet was so mean!" Cat said as she twirled a strand of hair that was falling in her face. Everyone seemed pretty happy that Rex was gone, but Robbie obviously was not. "Robbie, why are you so sad Rex is gone? He was mean to everyone, and especially to you" I said "Well, because maybe he was my only friend!" he screamed. We were very startled because Robbie was not one to get angry "But we are your friends Robbie" Cat said putting a hand on his shoulder. He shrugged it off and looked down to his lap. "You're right. Nobody likes you" Jade said eating her salad "Jade! Robbie is our friend! And you like him too because if you didn't, you would've cut him up by now!" I said getting up. "Yes, but it doesn't mean that I like him. I would've cut him up ages ago if it wasn't for you guys all liking him" she said also getting up. We glared each other down as Beck and André both sat us back down, and broke up our fight.

The rest of lunch was very quiet, because nobody wanted to say anything. Robbie was happier now, knowing that we actually were his friends, but still upset because of his old friend. After what seemed like ages, the bell finally rang and we all went to different directions walking to our next classes.

Jade's POV

Lunch was so infuriating. I was holding myself back not to jump at Vega's neck. She knew we were supposed to get along better, so that we could start "dating" next week. At this rate, we were going nowhere. I had to do something about it.

The next classes were boring as hell. My head wasn't up for anything today, and all because this challenge was pissing me off. When the final bell rang, I was the first out of class. I went to my locker, put a few book in and took some out and then I almost ran to my car eager to get out of school soon, but I noticed I was leaving so soon because there was a too familiar figure standing next to my car. I scoffed as I slowed down my pace, wondering what he could possibly want to talk to me about, seeing as he had pissed off already.