Chapter 6

Jade's POV

My first big mistake was forgetting to set my alarm clock for 6 o'clock, so I was late for class, and consequently I didn't get my morning coffee and muffin. I barged into Hollywood Arts, and the halls were empty, so everyone had already gone to class. I took out my books from my first class out of my locker and hurried for class.

My first period was Musical Theory, and I rushed to the classroom. The teacher didn't pay much attention to my arrival, but there were some students who were probably wondering why I was late, since I almost never was, but I wasn't paying any attention to the people around me because I was so stressed out about the previous events from last night. My mind was racing with thoughts like: Who am I supposed to trust with my secret with Vega? Cause we couldn't just tell anybody, and the thought that bothered me the most was how were we supposed to "come out" to our friends, and if we could make it believable.

Last night Vega and I had survived about 2 hours together watching The Scissoring without us killing each other. We had managed to get along, but we were only experimenting, so I wasn't really sure what would happen when we went further. And clearly I was and still am afraid what this might do, or where this might go. I know I'm a pretty good actress, but how am I supposed to know Vega won't screw this up?

The class went by fast, and as soon as the bell rang I was up and out of my seat. Not looking where I was going, at the end of the staircase, I bumped into someone and we both fell on the floor.

"What were you're going you- "I stooped when I realized who I was talking to. Of course. Vega. "I'm so sorry Jade, I wasn't looking at where I was going" she said as we both came to our senses and got up again. "It's okay... Tori" I said still uneasy about calling Vega by her first name. "I wasn't looking either. My day's not going well" She looked at me as if I had something on my face. She kept staring and I didn't blame her. I was never this nice to anyone, not even Beck when we were dating, so I quickly covered my tracks. "What are you staring at Vega?!" I snapped at her "Ummm, are you okay? You're never this nice to anybody." She said putting a hand on my arm and trying to meet my eyes. "Yeah I'm fine" I said shrugging off her arm, and looking at her, right in the eyes, not showing any sign of emotion

Tori's POV

It startled me that Jade was being this nice. I asked her if something was wrong, and put a hand on her arm, but she quickly shrugged it off, as if she was afraid of physical contact with me, and I'm glad she did it, cause I, myself was a bit uncomfortable because of last night. We were so close and touching each other, and almost like a real couple, like we would be in a couple of days. I thought I was fine but today I woke up feeling disoriented, I wasn't used to that kind of closure to anyone and especially not Jade.

"Jade, about last night... Do you feel kinda weird?" I asked cautiously

"Yeah, a bit. It threw me a bit off balance when I really thought about it...." She responded

We stayed in silence for a bit, but not for long because Cat and Beck came towards us and we made sure all the weirdness was gone. "Hey Cat! Hey Beck! How's your day been?" I asked politely in my usual cheery tone. "We're fine. We watched a movie last night at Becks'" Cat said giggling. I rolled my eyes and them, and walked away from the couple before they could tell me more about their night. What I didn't expect was Jade to follow me.

"Jade why are you following me?" I said. "I'm not following you wazz bag, we have Sikowitz for next period, don't you remember that our schedules are almost alike?" I motioned a no, and felt surprised that she actually remembered that.

As soon as we came into the classroom, I realized that once more we were the only people there except for Sikowitz. "Girls" he said turning to face us "have you worked out what you were supposed to work out?" he asked. I wondered what he talking about, but I remembered that we could choose a person to tell our challenge to. "No, we haven't. We can't think of anyone we can trust with this." I said sitting down at my usual seat "Well I personally think you should tell someone close to you, and that's always around" he said quietly as the students suddenly came pouring into the classroom.

Who was close to both to both of us that we could trust with this? I couldn't think of anyone. "Jade, who do you think-" "Don't know Vega. Maybe, just maybe we could tell Trina..." she said quietly "TRINA!" I yelled-whispered "Why her?" "Well, for one, she's your sister, and we're gonna be mostly at your house, and she always seems to be everywhere. I don't know your sister enough, but it's just a thought" she answered

Trina. We did get along very well, but I'm not sure she's the one we were supposed to tell. "Jade, can you come over tonight, so we can try and figure this out?" I asked her "I guess. I'll be there after school, I just have to get me some coffee." She said not taking her eyes off the stage where Sikowitz was explaining something about universities and colleges for music, theater, etc.

The rest of the school day passed by quickly, and soon Trina and I were driving home. "Trina are you going to stay home today?" I asked as innocently as possible "No, me and my girls are going to the mall. I'll just be home for an hour or so I can get ready. Why?" She asked "No reason" I said .

After about 10 minutes of silence, we arrived at our house and I plopped down on the couch and turned the TV on. "Mom" was on so I made myself comfortable, and waited for Jade to get here. After 5 minutes of nonstop laughing, the doorbell rang. I tried to pull myself together to open the door. I got up and opened it, and sure enough it was Jade, with a coffee cup from Starbucks in her hand. She stepped inside and I closed the door. We both went to sit on the couch. "Are you watching "Mom?"" she said "Yeah, do you wanna change the channel? I don't mind" I offered "No, it's okay. I actually find it funny" "No, if you want to change it it's ok" I said reaching for the remote "No really Tori" she said taking my hand before I could get to the remote. We held eye contact for a while, we realized a little bit too late that we were leaning in slowly, and it seemed as though neither of us wanted to stop. We were a few inches apart when a voice yelled from the top of the stairs.

"TORI?!"