Chapter 11

Tori's POV

"It's no good Jade we've been here for more than an hour" I pleaded "Come on Vega, you can't be this tired already! Oh wait, that's one more thing I know about you, you can't sit, concentrate to do something" Jade spated at me "Can too!" I defended myself "Really Vega, then prove it. What's your favorite color?" she asked looking at me so coldly I thought I might need a jacket soon "I don't know. I guess I don't have a favorite color" I said playing with my hair and looking anywhere but her eyes "You have got to have one. Everyone normal does anyways. Maybe that's right though... I do have one: brown" she smirked "Why brown?" I asked suspiciously "Nobody likes brown, that's enough to make it my favorite color" she said as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Ok, I'd have to say blue" I finally said, hoping she wouldn't catch on, and surprisingly, she didn't. "Why blue, it's such a fun color" Jade said sarcastically "It's the color of the sky, I find it soothing" I lied, playing with my hair "Oh" she says getting up and heading for the kitchen. I lied, not about my favorite color, but the reason it's my favorite one. Jade's eyes are blue. Light blue, the kind of eyes you just want to look at forever and just grab them for yourself because they're just so beautiful. It's not fair sometimes, it's like she doesn't even try to be that beautiful. She is easily the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. And I'm not gay, but I'm not blind either.

She comes back with that usual blank expression as she sat down on the couch as she drank from her Dr. Pepper and handed me a Coke. "Jade, why did you get me Coke? You know I like Pepsi!" I said getting up and going to the kitchen, grabbing a Pepsi and sitting back down on the couch. "You like to piss me off don't you?" I asked "Yup" she said popping the "p" and giving a small chuckle. It's cute when she does it... Wait what?!

We stay there in awkward silence because I think neither one of us want to know so much about each other, and if we did, we had no further questions. Well I had just one in particular, but there was no way I was ever gonna ask that. "Vega, remember our "date" at Nozu last year?" she said looking down at her soda can, suddenly finding it interesting "Yeah" I said motioning her to go on, but she never did, so I took advantage of her question, to ask mine "When you said that I was pretty," I started "I never actually used that word Vega" she said looking up and giving me a glare "Actually, you did. When you said that someone people might find me pretty, did you mean it?" I asked carefully, expecting Jade to grab her scissors and stab me to death. "I meant it..." she said looking at her lap "Did you? I mean, when you said I was also pretty." I immediately answer "Yeah, I did mean it too" looking at her, searching for some sort of smile on her face, but it was the same as ever, expressionless.

"Well anyways" I said hoping to break the ice "I suppose I should know your worst fear, or at least something to know if someone ever asked me what your worst fear is..." I knew Jade wasn't actually going to tell me her worst fear, but I supposed couples knew that about each other, even if in this case it was fake, and so I suspected to be her answer. "I'm not scared of anything Vega, we both know that. What's your worst fear?" she said coldly, but I could see it in her eyes that she wasn't telling the truth, but I decided to drop it "I am really scared of spiders" I said "Pathetic Vega, everybody's scared of spiders" she said. I rolled my eyes at her comment, even if I was telling the truth.

Jade's POV

I couldn't tell her my worst fear, so I lied, as I always have, but Vega's answer was ridiculous. Spiders. Vega's scared of freaking spiders. How much damage can a little animal cause? But I supposed Vega was telling the truth seeing as she must have ever lied in her entire life, well except in this case. She will have to lie to a whole bunch of people, and that will make her miserable. Oh well, what can I do? She's not my problem when we're not in public.

"Vega, enough of these questions, I think we've asked enough of them for one day. I never thought I would ever say this, but kissing you might be less painful than hearing about your life, and stuff" I said with as much poison as I could in my voice "So let's get to it" I said scooting a bit closer to Vega, so that now we were both cross-legged facing each other. She looked uncomfortable, but so was I. I can believe I ever agreed to this, I'd rather die than be here right now, about to kiss Vega, but it'll have to happen one way or another.

We were about 2 inches apart, enough for me to smell Vega's breath, which smelled of cherry, mixed with mint... But what the heck am I doing describing this?! I could now almost feel Vega's lips on mine before she chickened out. "I can't do this. I can't believe I ever agreed to this. I will never kiss you!" she said getting up and putting a hand on her forehead while pacing back and forth "I probably hate this more than you Vega. Don't be a scaredy cat; we'll have to do it sooner or later. Normal couples kiss Vega. You cannot screw this up for us! This counts for more than half of our grade, so let's get this over with!" I screamed. But I probably shouldn't have done that, because we were now fighting and it was kind of getting out of control. I was almost grabbing my scissors and she was holding herself back. As if she could do any real damage to me. But she could, because eventually she lost her temper and lunged at me.

Now, I wouldn't say she's weak, but she's not very strong either, so I easily took control, grabbed her hands and held them over her head, put my thighs on either side of her, trapping her legs, so she couldn't get out. "Wow Vega, didn't know you had it in you" I chuckled menacingly. She just struggled until she finally stopped and stood still. "Let me go Jade" she whispered "What was that?" I asked "You heard me Jade, please let me go." She said looking away. I thought I saw a tear spilling from her right eye, so I let her go and she fell to the floor, hugging her knees. Am I missing something? Why is she crying? We were just fighting because we didn't want to kiss each other. Whoop there it is... But why is she crying, that's very emotional, and even for her.

I sat down next to her and nudged her, but she didn't budge. "Vega?" I called, but she continued to sob in her knees. "Tori?" I tried again, and this time she actually looked up at me. Her mascara was ruined, leaving a trail of black across her cheek. I wiped it and tried to be gentler to her. This will be harder for me than for her. I don't like all this mushiness. "What's wrong?" I asked lifting her chin so she was looking at me "Nothing" she said wiping her cheeks with her sleeve. It would do no good to yell at her so I took it slow "If it was nothing, wouldn't be crying like this. I think" I said, and she laughed a bit "You'll laugh at me if I actually tell you..." She said looking down at her lap, fiddling with her fingers. So I lifted her chin again and asked again, this time I said looking into her eyes to show her I care. Do I? No, I don't... Or maybe I do. "Try me Vega" I said giving a small smile. She mumbled something, but I didn't hear her "Didn't hear ya" I said. She seemed to be thinking whether or not to tell me or not. "I've never actually kissed anyone yet..." she whispered, as she sobbed.

Wait, she's never kissed anybody? She's almost 18 years old from God's sake, but I couldn't tell her that. But actually, I think it's kinda sweet. Yes I do have a heart; I think someone's first kiss should be with someone you love, like mine never was...

"Get up Vega" I said getting up and offering her my hand, and she took it. I wiped her tears, grabbed our bags, locked the door and led us both to my car. I managed to put Vega on the Passenger's seat and then got in the driver's seat. I pulled out of the driveway and headed to one of my favorite places in L.A.