Chapter 14

Jade's POV

"NO, I'm not doing this again Vega! The first few times were already torture enough." I said, turning my head away "Ahh Jadey stop being such a wuss. Just one last time, promise" Tori said with puppy dog look of hers "Ok fine, give it here" I said motioning for her to give me the phone. The familiar "Flappy Bird" game flashed on the screen and as usual, I die before even getting one point "I'm horrible at this. The person who created this has a pact with the devil. It's freaking impossible to fly in between those tubes. I don't even know how you got a high score of 15" I said throwing her phone on my bed behind me "Hahaha that's because I'm an addict at this game and you've played it what, like 5 times?" she said laughing at me, resting her head on the end of my bed. We were both sitting on the floor at the foot of my bed, drinking wine and Tori would not stop until I tried that stupid game.

"So anyways, how the hell did you become so addicted to that evil game Vega?" I asked taking a sip of my wine glass "I don't know. I was watching vine a couple of days ago, and all the viners were playing so I thought I'd try it" she said also taking a sip from her glass "Well that was a stupid idea" I said scoffing harmlessly, and Vega just laughed at me. "You're just mad because you didn't score any points" she said "Ok, that and because I think it's stupid to do what everyone does" I said pouring some more wine into my glass "Whatever floats your boat Jade" she said downing her glass.

"What, I'm serious!" I said with the most serious look I could put on, but eventually we ended up laughing. "Ok, I think we better stop drinking before we get drunk. Let's watch a movie." She said getting up and leaving my room, taking our bottle and glasses with her.

I plopped on my bed and turned the TV on. As usual, nothing good was on as I passed through the channels, until I saw Sheldon. I love The Big Bang Theory, though if anybody asks, I'll deny it. I just sat back and enjoyed the show, and I didn't realize Vega come into the room until she sat beside me "Yay, I love The Big Bang Theory" she said in her annoying cheery tone.

While Tori was almost doubling over laughing so much, I was completely fine, laughing to myself. "How do you not find this funny Jade?" she said recomposing herself and laying down on the other end of the bed, hands supporting her and feet moving up and down "I find it amusing, but there's no need to have a fit like you" I said laying down beside her and paying close attention to the show.

Halfway through the episode, I heard Tori shriek and fall off the bed "What the hell Tori?" I said "It's 10:15, and my curfew is 10:30! I gotta get home" she said changing out of the clothes she borrowed from me and pulling up her jeans quickly "Why don't you just stay over, call your dad and tell him you'll crash here" I simply say turning my attention back to the TV "Are you sure?" she said unsure "It's not like I'm gonna kill you Vega" I said, but she tensed up a bit "Relax," I said throwing a pillow at her "besides, we're kind of friends now right?" I finished still confused "Yea, I guess we kinda are" she said dialing into her phone and calling her dad. She explained the situation, and when she hung up, she put her phone on my bed side table.

While she was changing back into something more comfortable, I caught a glimpse of Vega's bare skin, and might I say, she had a hot body. Now, I'm not gay or anything like that, but I'm not blind either. I quickly turned away before she caught me looking at her and drifted my attention back to the TV, where Sheldon was being Sheldon. Tori resumed her previous position, but this time, it seemed as if she was closer to me. It made me kind of uncomfortable, but comfortable at the same time. I shift a little to the right, but as soon as I do, I feel like all the warmth from my body is gone, but I shake it off.

When the episode ended, Almost Human started, but I hated that program so I turned it off "It's getting late and I'm kind of tired" I said getting ready for bed, slipping under the covers. Tori did the same, and yawned. We were both tired, so I just turned off my lamp, and we were left in the darkness. As soon as I closed my eyes, I drifted off to sleep.