Chapter 3

A/N: This chapter will have no choices in it, but it does contain some crucial storyline towards the end if you want to skip the rest. Enioy!

···

With your newfound weapon, you and Leon carried on. Moving through the large metal doors, you came upon a farm area.

While Leon was scoping out the area, you noticed a white spot in the distance through one of the barns.

"Hey Leon, do you see that?"

"See what?"

"That white spot over there."

"Yeah. Do you want to check it out?"

Responding with a nod, you began walking towards it. Upon approaching the white spot you had seen, you realized it wasn't a spot, it was the wolf that had tried to attack you from the woods when you first got there, wherever there was.

When you and Leon came closer to the wolf, it shied away. It made sense, as you had gotten it stuck in a bear trap, and you were secretly happy that it was staying away from you.

Deciding to leave the wolf be, the two of you headed towards another pair of wooden doors, this time unlocked.

Passing through the doors, you were greeted by the same weird sign that you had encountered by the wolf when you first arrived.

Cautiously walking down the slope of wooden steps, you heard a low crunching sound, and as you turned around to look up towards it, you saw the source of the sound.

Three village men were pushing a giant boulder over the edge of a small cliff in behind you and Leon. As it made its way off the side of the cliff, it began rolling with surprising speed towards the two of you.

"Run!", Leon yelled. Sprinting as fast as you possibly could away from the boulder, it still seemed like the boulder was gaining speed.

"Quick, dodge to the right!", he commanded. Watching Leon perform a roll, you quickly followed  doing the same. The boulder then slammed into the tunnel wall not even a second later, breaking into many pieces.

"Phew. That was a close one."

"No kidding."

Moving on past your near death experience, you came to the opening of the stone tunnel past the debris of the boulder.

Walking through the cold tunnel, you were happy that Leon had given you his coat. Without it you would've been shivering, as evident by Leon. He was trying hard not to show it, but he was shivering.

You offered his coat back to prove you wanted him to be taken care of just as you were, but he declined, obviously caring more about your comfort and health than his own.

Conveniently, the two of you came to the other end of the tunnel and back to the normal air temperature.

This second of comfort was cut short however, by a piece of dynamite bouncing to the ground in front of your feet. Instinctively, you both ran away from it before it could explode.

Every time you tried to approach the building ahead of you, the men by and inside the nearby shack would throw more dynamite.

"What do you think we should do?", Leon asks.

"I think that if you use your pistol and I use your knife, we could sneak in and attack them."

"Good thinking (y/n), but what about your shotgun?"

"It's too loud to sneak with and I want to preserve ammo for bigger encounters."

Pulling out his knife, he handed it to you. You quickly ran up to the side of the building by Leon's side. Each taking a side of the shack, you crouched and began crouch walking.

Coming upon the first of three men, all distracted be Leon, you snuck up and slit the throat of the one closest to you. Quickly grabbing him by the armpits, you gently laid him down so as to not make a sound.

You repeated the process with the remaining two men until all three were dead.

"Nice work (y/n)."

"Thanks."

Approaching the small house looking structure, you could hear a dull thumping sound from one of the outside walls.

Walking inside,  Leon took the lead. The further you made it into the house, the louder the thumping got. Finally, you came to a room with a closet in it. A shaking, thumping closet.

Walking up to it, you and Leon both took a side of the closet, knife and gun ready. As you opened the doors, a hispanic looking man fell out of it with his hands tied and mouth taped.

Shaking his head and making muffled attempts to speak, Leon ripped the piece of tape off of his mouth. You decide to let Leon do the talking.

"Little rough, don't you think? You're... not like them?"

"No. You?"

Pausing to roll over, away from Leon, he avoided the question completely.

"Ok, I have only one, very important question: do you got a smoke?"

"Got gum."

Suddenly looking up, you saw two villages standing apart with a gap between each other. There was loud thumping once again, but this time it sounded like footsteps. Who had footsteps that loud, you think.

Coming into view, and explaining the loud footsteps, was the largest, shadiest man you'd ever seen. He had to be maybe eight feet tall and was dressed in all black. He was bald and has a black goatee.  Something about his eyes didn't seem right.

"Perfect, the big cheese."

"What?"

Sprinting at the giant,  Leon made a roundhouse kick, but the man easily caught his foot and flipped him into the closet and you, breaking the closet and causing you to lose consciousness.

Continue to Chapter 4