Valentine

It's been two weeks since my late night chat with Eggsy, and although I'm still pissed off at him for what he said about me, a part of me took what he said to heart. Since then, I have made a minimal effort not to be as cruel. 

I don't think anyone has noticed. 

---

I'm holding my dad's hand, half asleep, when it twitches. 

I jolt up, staring at his face expectantly. His hand squeezes mine tightly as his eyes flutter open. 

"Y/N?" He mumbles, his eyes starting to gain recollection. 

I wrap my arms around his neck, inhaling his scent. He hesitates, before returning the gesture. I lean back, staring at him furiously. 

"How's my candidate's training going?" He asks, and I frown. Clearly my father cares more about Eggsy than his own daughter. 

"Final six." I say tersely. "You scared me to death. You can't just run into danger like that, how many times have I told you not to go in without backup?" 

My father sits up, sighing heavily. "Y/N you can't lecture me on how I do my work, you're my dau-"

"Yes I know I'm your daughter, but I'm also your co-worker. And as your co-worker I think it was incredibly stupid of you to go speak with a target, without any information about them or backup aware of where you were."

"I don't have to listen to this." He says, attempting to get out of the bed. 

"Oh no you don't." I growl, pushing him back into the bed, gripping his hands tightly. "You have to listen to me."

"No I don't." He says calmly, pressing the call button by his waist. He stares at me coldly. "I appreciate your concern, but I'm a full grown man. I can take care of myself."

"You also care for me though, so what happens if you die? I'm alone."

Before he can respond the door bangs open and Eggsy comes rushing in. "Harry! You're awake."

"Ever heard of knocking?" My father says, taking his hands out of mine. 

Eggsy doesn't fail to notice the movement. He gives me a strange look but continues into the room. 

"Only when I'm casing a place to rob. You called?"

Harry sits forward and stands up, walking across the room towards Eggsy, forgetting me. J.B starts to bark at Apollo, and I pick up my dog to restrain him. 

"I hope J.B.'s training is going as well as yours is." Harry comments. 

"Sit." Eggsy commands the dog, and he complies. 

"Congratulations on making it to the final six. Your test results must be even better than I hoped."

There comes a knocking at the door, and at Harry's approval, Merlin wanders in. He seems surprised to see Eggsy. 

"Ah, Eggsy. I need to have a private conversation with these two; you are dismissed."

My father grabs onto Eggsy's shoulder. "Nonsense. Let him observe. Might learn a thing or two."

"As you wish." Merlin says. He brings out his tablet and mirrors it to the screen we are all conveniently standing in front of. 

A video plays, presumably from Harry's perspective as he confronts the Professor. Their conversation seems to be intense, but it cut short by the man's head exploding. No one but Eggsy reacts. 

"Fucking hell! That is rank, Harry. You blew up his head? It's a bit much, ain't it?" Eggsy stammers in shock. 

I scoff, earning a look from all three of the men, which I easily ignore.