making friends?

That girl is goddamn beautiful. 

Is the first thing I think after bumping into Roxy on my way to the training room. The afternoon light helps me to see her in an entirely different way. Her golden hair seems to almost glow, and her smile no longer seems competitive and cold, but warm and friendly. I could easily see myself falling in love with her, something my bisexual heart repeatedly tells me as I help her to her feet. 

"Sorry about that." I say, less confident in myself for once. 

She shoots me a smile and shrugs. "It's fine, don't worry."

Most casual conversations I have terminate around here, but I don't want to end this one. Not just yet. 

"You did very well today Roxy. Congratulations on facing your fear." I rub my lips together to stop from grinning like a fool. "I doubt I could have faced mine."

"What's your fear?" She asks, leaning against a wall. A good sign when trying to strike a conversation. I let out an exhale of relief. 

"Very complicated, that's what it is." I say mysteriously. 

"Go on." She says. "Don't leave me in suspense."

"Well, it's just not something I'd ever have to face in the field." I shrug. "So it's irrelevant."

"Don't make me beg." She smirks, raising her eyebrows at me and tilting her head. 

Oh boy. She's playing with me. That girl is as smart as she is pretty. She must have picked up on my thoughts and she's milking it big time. Well, that's not going to work today Roxy. 

No distractions.

"Spiders." I state almost bluntly. "Saw a lot of them as a kid, been traumatized since."

She nods, stepping away from the wall. "Eggsy's afraid of commitment."

"Is he now?"

She watches me carefully for a moment, seeming satisfied with what she sees, because she smiles brightly. "Yeah, he is. But something tells me he could drop that fear in a heartbeat for the right reason, or rather, the right person."

She stares at my reaction again. "Is that so?" I say tersely. 

"It is." And she won't look away. 

I swallow. "You believe he has already met this person?" I say it casually, but I do not mean it that lightly. 

"Oh yes."

"Hmm." I hum thoughtfully. "Well, as long as you two don't let it affect this competition I'm sure it'll be fine."

She laughs dryly. "It's not me. God no, I thought I was clear, guess not."

I make another assumption, afraid of the truth. "Well, in that case, it's probably not allowed, since this person doesn't know about Kingsman they could be a liability."

Roxy stares at me in awe. "But you do know about Kingsman Y/N."

We stare at each other for a full minute before I laugh. "What?"

She laughs too. "Nevermind. All I'm saying is Eggsy gets attached easily."

"What? You've noticed that in the three weeks you've known him?" I say hotly. 

"Yeah." She says simply, licking her lips, and we stare at each other again. 

Roxy laughs again, and I fake a smile. "All I'm saying is he seems rather fond of you. More than any of us." And she pats my shoulder, winks, and walks away. 

I stare after her, my mind buzzing. Talking to that girl is like riding an emotional rollercoaster. She is a master manipulator. She's going to do great in tonight's task. 

As for Eggsy, well, I cannot even comprehend what to think about him. Although all I should be thinking is that he is an excellent agent in training, and that my father clearly loves him for a reason.

At least, that's all I want to think about. Thinking about Eggsy Unwin too long only confuses me, and I don't like to be confused. 

[617 words]