The Newbie

Chapter 1: The Newbie
Stella's POV
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Could you at least try to sit up straight while you eat?" My mom complained while letting out a loud huff. I ignored her as I took another scoop of my cereal. "And I thought I told you to stop hanging around that Baker girl? She's bad news and has a bad reputation that can hurt both of us."

"Could you try and not to complain about every single detail in my life?" I questioned back as I stood up from my seat. I placed my bowl in the sink before speaking up again. "And Liv is better now. My friends won't ruin your stupid career anyway." I grabbed my backpack from the floor near the island.

"Oh, really?" My mom scoffed before continuing. "How do you explain that Baker kid then? Remember last year," my mother reminded me as I slipped one of the straps over my left shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and ignored her by walking towards the front door

I rolled my eyes and ignored her by walking towards the front door. "Stella," my mom called out in a stern tone, trying to get my attention.

I brushed her off and walked out of the house. I made my way down the concrete steps before heading towards school. My house was only a few blocks away from school, so whenever the day was nice I walked.

I used to ride with Baker and his sister, Liv, every morning to school, but I haven't done that since last year. When I arrived, I instantly met up with one of my best friends, Asher. He can be annoying, cocky, an ass, and many other things, but if you really got to know him you would see how sweet he is.

"About time you get here, Morgan," Asher said bumping my shoulder with his followed by a bright smile plastered on his face. I chuckled before replying back to him.

"Hey, Ash."

JJ, another one of my good friends, walked over to Asher and I. "Stelie, did you hear the news?" JJ asked me using his favourite nickname for me.

"News about what?" I questioned him as the three of us walked towards our first period.

"We're getting this new kid from Crenshaw today," JJ said while Asher rolled his eyes.

"He's joining the team all thanks to Coach Baker," Asher added. I could hear how much he didn't like the idea of a new guy, especially one from Crenshaw.

"Hey, maybe this kid will be good for the team," I said trying to stay positive for the guys.

"Yeah right," Asher said shaking his head. We sat down in our seats and waited for the lesson to get over with.

Soon enough it was lunch time and the gang minus Liv and Baker were sitting outside on the concrete steps. Liv doesn't really hang around with us anymore when Leila is around. They had a falling out from last year's incident and haven't made up yet. "I wonder what this new kid is gonna be like," JJ commented to the group.