Back in The Day

Chapter 12: Back in The Day
Stella's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I'm just saying, if that shirt goes missing one day it wasn't me," I informed Liv as we walked down her stairs.

Liv chuckled and went "it's not that great of a shirt."

I rolled my eyes as we reached the last step. "Well you pull it off very well."

"Morning," Liv greeted everyone as we walked into the kitchen and living room space.

"Yeah, okay, but we have deets on their offence," Jordan told his father as he sat on the back part of the couch, watching game film over his father's shoulder.

"Good morning," I added as we walked in further and noticed Laura on her phone, typing away.

"We gotta be prepared to give them something new that's different," Coach Baker replied to his son. "Take a look."

"Hey mom," Liv stated as we reached the kitchen island. Liv repeated herself due to her mom continuing to type away on her phone.

"Can you- sweetie, hold on one second?" Laura asked her daughter before going back to her phone. "I have to- I have to get this phone call."

"Hey, they're not ignoring you on purpose, okay," I whispered to Liv as I noticed her facial expression change.

Liv nodded her head before Jordan came over and grabbed me. He dragged me to where he was seated. "Oh good, Stella, you're here!" Coach Baker greeted me as he backed up the tape a few seconds.

"You see how fast he comes crashing off the edge? That linebacker?"

"Yeah, okay, so how we change it up?" Jordan asked his father.

"Playoffs and campaigns, my favourite time of the year," I heard Liv mutter from behind us.

I looked over my shoulder and saw the look of disappointment on her face. I gave her a weak smile before Jordan pulled me back into the world of game film and football.

We watch a few more plays before Jordan and I headed off to school together. We met up with JJ, who swung his arm around my shoulders. With his free hand, JJ was watching the highlight clip of Jordan's epic throw to Spencer during the combine.

"Seriously, man, tell me you haven't been watching that over and over again?" Spencer asked us as we stopped next to his locker.

"Uh, hell yeah," JJ exclaimed with a bright smile on his face.

"Yes," Jordan added as he nodded his head.

"This is epic," JJ concluded to Spencer. JJ moved away from me and got closer to Spencer to show him the video again.

"Are you kidding me? Who does that?" JJ asked Spencer as he stuck his phone out in front of his locker.

"I was there, bro," Spencer told JJ as he watched the footage that JJ put in front of him.

"I mean, I'ma give you that. It's pretty dope."

"Well, don't act like I haven't caught you rewatching it at home, either," Jordan added.

"No, you talking about another Spencer James," Spencer joked.

"Yeah, okay," Jordan said, giving JJ and I a look. "Just make sure that other Spencer James shows up for next week's playoff game, all right? We're gonna need him."

"I got you."

"Okay," Jordan said with a smile on his face as he patted Spencer's shoulder.

"Nice catch at the combine, Spencer," a random girl spoke up as she walked down the hallway.