I

Chapter 3: I
Stella's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Currently, I was trying to fix the issue between Spencer and I as we walked down Beverly's hallways together.

"Look, I'm so sorry I didn't say anything," I started off.

"It's okay, Stel, really. I was just mad that night," Spencer said causing me to shake my head.

"No, it's not alright. I kept something from you that ruined your life. Now you can't go home every night. I really should of stopped Baker, but I couldn't. I don't know why and I know that's not a good excu-."

"Stella, I swear we're cool," Spencer said cutting me off from ranting. "Can I ask something though?"

"Anything."

"What happened? What could be so bad that caused you and Jordan to barley tolerate each other?" Spencer asked making my heart ache slightly. I hate reliving that day and the reason behind it.

"Oh, um, did you ever see photos of me floating around on the internet at a particular place?" I questioned him to see how much he knew.

"The ones at the strip club?" Spencer asked causing me to nod my head yes.

"The person behind that was Baker."

"No way! Jordan?" Spencer asked shocked.

"Yeah, I didn't believe it either when my mom told me, but her media team tracked the IP Address to Baker's laptop. Plus, I found all the images saved to a folder called sabotage. My mom's campaign got a ton of backlash from it and she came close to losing her spot as mayor," I explained briefly. "And in all honesty, I'm not pissed about the photos. I'm more pissed that he won't admit it."

"What do you mean?" Spencer asked as we turned down the hallway. I glanced around the hallway and noticed everyone looking at Spencer weirdly then snicker about something. "Is it just me or are people staring at me weirdly today?" Spencer asked confused.

"It's not just you," I answered him honestly. "I bet it's nothing though." I walked over to a random kid, who was laughing at something on his phone. I grabbed the kid's phone from his hands and looked at the screen. "It's not that funny," I muttered to the kid, who's phone I stole. I showed the video to Spencer, who looked hurt by it.

The brief video is a GIF of Spencer getting nailed and fumbling the ball but instead of a football, it is a forty. "It's not that bad, Spence. Every football player on the team has had this happen at least once," I said trying to reassure him, but it seemed like Spencer took it to heart.

Spencer turned towards Asher and his friends before slowly dropping his book bag off of his shoulder. My eyes widened quickly as I realized what he was planning on doing. I threw the phone back at the kid and went after Spencer. I grabbed his shoulder right as someone's hand grabbed his other shoulder.

I glanced over to find Baker there with the same reaction as me. Spencer turned around towards us with an angry face. "One fight remember," I reminded him.

"Principal Landon will kick you out. Come on, you know that," Baker added to my comment.

"So I ain't suppose to stand up for myself?" Spencer argued back.

"That's not what we mean," I stated.

"Asher and his boys been talking smack and pulling crap like this all week and I'm just suppose to keep turning the other cheek, huh?"

"No, they're just being them," Baker honestly answered while I shook my head in agreement.

"They do this to everyone when they mess up a play, even me. It's not personal," Baker reiterated the same thing I told Spencer a few moments ago.