Regulate

Chapter 14: Regulate
Stella's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I boxed up my birthday gift for Dillon before making my way over to his block party. I checked my phone and saw that Jordan never responded to my text once again. I don't know what's going on with him honestly.

I made it to the party and met up with the adult Bakers. "I thought Jordan was supposed to be here," Mr. Baker commented confused. "Do you know where he is Stella?"

I shook my head no as Mrs. Baker replied, "he is. He just wanted to stop by and see your dad first. I thought Jordan told you, sweetie." Mrs. Baker gave me a weak smile as I nodded my head.

"What?" Mr. Baker questioned confused.

"It's okay, just- just let it go, okay?"

"D! My favourite kid!" I exclaimed as we saw Dillon strut over to us with a big goofy smile plastered on his sweet innocent face.

"It's the birthday boy!" Mr. Baker greeted him with a smile as well.

"Thank!" Dillon cheered as Mrs. Baker handed over her gift to him.

"Do I shake or do I not?"

"Definitely do not shake," Mrs. Baker informed the boy.

"Do not shake," Mr. Bake emphasized.

"Expensive, huh?" Dillon questioned as he stared down at the box in his hands.

"Spence,'" I greeted him as he came over to us.

"Hey, hey, hey," Spencer replied back as he gave Dillon a backwards hug, wrapping his arm around his younger brother's shoulders.

"Wow, for someone who doesn't like birthday parties, this one is pretty amazing," Mrs. Baker commented to Spencer.

"I heard that," Mr. Baker agreed.

"Why don't we go put these gifts on the table?" I asked Dillon, seeing that the small boy couldn't hold both the gifts. Dillon agreed and we went on our way to the table.

"So Stella, where's your boy?" Dillon asked me with a smirk on his face.

"My boy? Really?" I chuckled as we set the gifts down on the table. "Jordan is running a few minutes late, but he will be here."

Dillon smiled before running off to meet up with some of his friends. I pulled out my phone and texted Jordan to remind him about the party and that Dillon is really looking forward to seeing him.

I found my way over to Leila and Patience and started talking to them. Patience was staring at the bouncy house where Coop was. She was really into the whole bounce house idea.

"Aww. I love her smile," Patience stated in awe.

"Uhh, somebody in they feelings?" Spencer joked as he came over to us.

"No, for real because, like, things have changed since we had a time out. Been in and our of school... and those nightmares, man, like those are the worst. I can't with them."

"Nightmares?" Spencer questioned. I remember Coop mentioning it to me the other day when she finally called me back about the whole Tyrone situation. She didn't explain that much though.

"They're still around?" I asked Patience.

"You know?" Spencer quickly replied as he faced me.

"Yeah, I thought she mentioned them to you..." I stated slowly. "She only told me because I could tell something was up when we talked on the phone a few days ago."