Legacy

Chapter 13: Legacy pt. 1
Stella's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Winston Mark," Coach Baker hollered into the microphone as the Beverly Hills Marching Band played hype background music. Everyone, including myself, Oliva, and Leila, were cheering on the football players after each name was announced.

"Scott Anderson."

"Jeff Austin."

"Then we got Shane Butler," Coach Baker continued to list off his players to the whole school during our outdoors pep rally. The cheerleaders were cheering in front of the stage that the football team stood on. The mascot was out in the front centre, showing off his amazing moves.

"You can't forget Asher Adams!" Asher stepped forward as we all cheered excitedly for him.

"And, of course, JJ Parker!" JJ stepped forward and did some side steps while holding onto a football as the team hyped him up.

"Jordan Baker!" Jordan stepped forward with a slide motion and gave the crowd a salute. Right before he took a step back, he made eye contact with me and gave me a wink. I rolled my eyes at him as Liv and Leila looked over at me with a confused look.

We still haven't told anyone about us yet. Jordan asked if he could get thought the first playoff game before we would officially tell everyone. He didn't want added pressure onto the first playoff game.

"And last but not least, your division player of the year, Spencer James!"

Spencer stepped forward for a few seconds before taking his normal place again.

"Now, I've been hearing all this stuff about Logan High knocking out the first seed in playoffs two seasons in a row. They are calling them the Giant Killers. Not no more. We are ready for Logan High, y'all! We are ready for Logan High!"

The team grouped together and Asher counted them down. "1, 2, 3!"

"Beverly!" The football players cheered loudly.

The pep rally came to an end and later that night, I decided to go visit Jordan since he was bummed about the news that his dad dropped on him.

I was conflicted because Jordan deserves to have his spot on the field, but I can also see where Coach Baker was coming from. I opened the front door and saw Jordan standing there, facing his dad's office.

"Hold up, hold up, hold up," I heard Coach Baker call out.

Jordan let out a sigh before walking closer to him. "I still got a lot of film on Logan to break down, so I could use your help."

"You as well, Stella," Coach Baker added as I stood next to Jordan. Jordan swung his arm over my shoulder and nodded his head.

I was seated next to Jordan's right while Coach Baker made himself comfortable on the other side of Jordan. Jordan wrapped an arm around my shoulders and brought me in towards his side. I rested my hand on his thigh as we watched the game film.

"There we go again," I muttered as we watched Mitchell be an absolute beast again.

"Yeah, dude's a monster," Jordan pipped up.

"Yo, is that Mitchell?" Spencer asked walking into the room.

"You're gonna be running for your life this Friday," Coach Baker informed Spencer as I nodded my head in agreement.

"Great," Spencer commented.

"Hey, did you rewrite that paper yet?" Coach Baker asked Spencer as Spence came around the couch to sit down with us. Spencer shook his head no and Coach Baker continued, "Mr. Vega stopped by my office today."