Chapter 52

Update News

Elle's Women in Hollywood award is only given out to the extraordinary women who are exceptional human beings! Last night Brooklyn Grace was the honored recipient

Elle's Women in Hollywood award is only given out to the extraordinary women who are exceptional human beings! Last night Brooklyn Grace was the honored recipient. This is awarded by Elle but it is given to them by people who are close to the actress being recognized. These people are asked by the organization unbeknownst to the recipient. For Grace, that was Leonardo DiCaprio, Sebastian Stan, Bradley Cooper, and George Clooney. The men took the stage one at a time to speak about Grace and all the many reasons why she was chosen for this award!

George went first:
"I have been waiting for this for a long long time! To be able to stand up and talk about you, honey. I have literally watched you grow up, I have changed your diaper, I have given you a bath, I have had you over for sleepovers at my house, I have driven you to school when I lived in England, I have watched you graduate, win awards, and fall in love. But most importantly, I have watched you grow into the woman you are today. And to everyone out there, whatever it is you think you know about how she became who she is, let me make one thing clear for you: your mind can't conjure anything near the hell she has had to walk through. B, you have always been a thoughtful and generous girl, I have seen that ever since you made a handmade birthday card for the homeless person you walked past on your way to the car after school when you were 8. You and your 'piggy tails' as you called them, always found a way to surprise me. When you fell off your bike, you didn't cry, you got back up and rode on. When you didn't know how to do something, you asked for help. When someone needed help, you dropped everything to help them. When you forgot the word for something in a different language, you ask someone to teach you. When you couldn't hit the right notes when learning an instrument, you never quit, you kept trying. You never gave up on anything, ever. You've had your fair share of difficulties but you didn't let those stop you. When you were little, we would snuggle up on the couch and read. One of the quotes I have said to you for as long as you have been alive is one written by C. S. Lewis in The Magician's Nephew, 'For what you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what kind of person you are.' Well, B, you're the kind of woman who wishes for everyone what you wish for yourself. Your heart is so full of love. You always want to see those around you smile even if you're crying on the inside. That's the kind of person you are. The kind people want to love, the kind they want to be friends with. You are patient, you are kind, you don't realize your worth sometimes. I wish for your best days to come so I can be there to watch you get every single thing you deserve. I'm so very proud of the person you have become and I'm honored to be your godfather. Because you are still the child who gently places fallen baby birds back into their nests. You are still the soft soul that gets heart broken over cruel words and awful acts when you watch the news. You are still the gentle heart who once tried to heal a flower by trying to stick it's petals back when ignorant feet trampled it. This is why you are important. This is why you will always be needed. Kindness is the greatest endangered thing. And here you are, existing, with your heart so full of it. And if you don't believe it, let's see what your best friend Sebastian Stan has to say about you!"