Chapter 138

Update News

It's been almost two months. 58 days. Brooklyn Grace has been missing for 58 days. The world was shaken when we found out about the abduction of the twelve time Academy Award winner. Her husband Chris Evans and their four children have not been out in public at all but have been visited by many loved ones. We can't even begin to imagine the pain they are going through, not many people can say they do. They have been doing one of the hardest things any person has had to do: live through the disappearance of the most important woman in their lives, not knowing where she is and not even knowing if she's still alive.
They made it through Grace's favorite holiday—Christmas, without her there. So we know that they will be able to make it through today—her 42nd birthday. It will definitely be harder, but we are going to send all our love. We are starting something that we hope everyone who knows Brooklyn Grace will continue. We are asking to post your favorite picture you have of or with Brooklyn Grace, no explanation is necessary but it's more than welcome, and/or a favorite memory you have with her. We hope that doing this, it will keep her safe return a number one priority, and maybe help her family and loved ones through the day.

We'll go first.

Brooklyn being visited by our Lucy Jefferson in the hospital after Grace was shot in the shoulder

This is our favorite picture with Grace because she was kind, thoughtful, and still smiling despite what happened to her shortly before the photo was taken. She asked about Lucy's well-being after getting just grazed by a bullet. Before we went in, she was getting her bandages changed and her wound cleaned when we stopped by. She flinched a little bit when the nurse was working but continued to talk to her, smiling.

That was our first time in the nearly 20 years of reporting about her that we had met her. And she didn't disappoint. Before she even knew that our little trio of reporters were there, she was talking and smiling to the nurse that was only changing her bandages. We have always reported that Brooklyn Grace was this kind, thoughtful, generous, and incredible person without even knowing her personally. A lot of people might see that as bad reporting but we have always known who she was as a person from the way her loved ones talked about her. But at that moment, we knew that we were so right. So very right.

We will never forget that day. And we will never stop reporting about and looking for the amazing woman we know as Brooklyn Grace. Happy Birthday Brooklyn.

#HappyBirthdayBrooklynGrace

|
|

Instagram