Chapter 71

Twitter

@markruffalo: @brooklyngrace You truly have no idea how thankful I am for you. I mean really, $50 million? I'm at a loss for words, I had no clue you would do this. Thank you
499k Retweets  2.4Mil Favorites

@sunsied: U DIDNT KNOW?!?!

@lillysongy: you didnt know she Donated?

|
|

Update News

When we told the world about what Brooklyn Grace has given to charity, we didn't realize that her friends involved with the charities she's given to didn't know! We asked them about it!

Mark Ruffalo:
"I had no idea. None. I texted [Don] Cheadle and asked him if he knew and he didn't so I called the organization and asked and it was real! She donated $50 million! I'm just still so amazed at how she did it and kept it a secret from us! She's heard us talk about the organization losing money and she goes and donates $50 million! And now thinking about it, we just all of a sudden got permission to do so many projects because we got the money. The organization wouldn't be where it is without her and she doesn't take credit for it. I drove Cheadle and I to her house and talked to security outside of her house and he said 'You read the article?' without even saying hi and I drove down and then went inside and she like was totally calm about it. She said 'Hey guys, what's up?' And so we sat down and had a talk. She told us that she watches and listens to us work through the organization and wanted to help out and we just you know, sat and cried and thanked her. It's incredible that you really have no idea what someone does when others aren't looking. Some people do bad things, Brooklyn Grace donates $50 million!"

Jared Padalecki:
"Yeah I cried. I called her and asked her if it was real and she's confused what I'm talking about. We talked about it about how she wants to help people like us, that feel pain and I just, it's hard to put to words how grateful I am. So many people are getting the help they need because of her generosity. And that's just amazing!"

Matt Damon:
"No idea! She's crazy! I wish I had that much money laying around to be able to give it to charity. She's just so incredible. She's doing so much good for this world."

Brad Pitt:
"She is truly someone who keeps on giving. I gave her a call and you know I thanked her a bunch and she just said that I didn't have to thank her. She's amazing."

George Clooney:
"I can't believe my own goddaughter donated $40 million to the organization I created and didn't tell me about it. I didn't even have to ask her if it was true because as soon as I read it I knew it was real. I'm not surprised. I'm incredibly grateful."

Leonardo DiCaprio:
"You know, I didn't know. I didn't know. It's... I'm honestly at a loss for words. It's so touching that she believes in me and my foundation so much that she donated $50 million. That's just, that just means so much to me. She's such a great person, and I'm glad I can call her a close friend!"

Chris Evans:
"She told me she donated to Christopher's Haven. She didn't tell me how much.. I'm very lucky to love someone like her. I just... I'm glad the rest of the world finally gets to see that side of her. It's touching."

We also asked Chris about Jeff Johnson's original tweet:
"Yeah, I broke my phone... I already don't have respect for that man and seeing that tweet doubled the antipathy I have for him as a president. She [Grace] wasn't affected by it, at all! {laughs} She took it with a grain of salt! She doesn't care what people think of her, and she you know, can't voice her personal opinion on politics because of her involvement with the side of her family in England. I was very affected by someone coming after my wife, I snapped my phone in half. And she didn't see any posts you know by anyone else we were both busy with our boys."