Three

Chapter Three:

The school was buzzing, the date of their school trip was getting closer and closer. Hazel had stopped thinking about it, not interested in going. She didn't want to leave home, not when every time she left something bad always happened.

Last period was almost over and Hazel hadn't seen Peter at all. She wondered if he was at home, that maybe the brick to the head left more of a mark than she anticipated.

"Barnes."

Hazel turned to see Michelle standing in front of her desk, backpack slung over a shoulder. She nodded her head at the door, saying nothing.

"What?"

"Come on."

"We still have 5 minutes left."

MJ snorted, "The sub is literally asleep. C'mon, he won't notice."

Hazel sighed, but agreed. She stood up, grabbing ahold of her backpack and went to sling it over her shoulder when she winced, dropping it onto her desk.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Hazel replied placing a strap on her other shoulder, quickly following her friend from the classroom.

Hazel bit her cheek as she moved her sweater away from her shoulder, revealing purplish and greenish skin. She pursed her lips, letting the fabric cover it once again.

MJ laughed, and Hazel looked up to see Peter and Ned marching towards them. Of the two, Hazel could certainly tell who MJ was laughing at.

Peter had a large crusty cut just above his right eyebrow and black eye had formed under the right eye.

"What happened to you?" Hazel asked, eyeing the areas.

"Flash is saying he beat Peter up for what he did to him." Ned said, "But I know that's not true considering Flash as been staying away from Peter."

"Flash wouldn't do that." Hazel agreed.

Peter frowned, "It's nothing. I'm just clumsy."

Michelle laughed again, punching Hazel in the shoulder. Hazel flinched, grabbing ahold of her shoulder, wincing.

"Oh yah." Michelle muttered staring down at her, "I forgot, sorry."

"Forgot about what?" Peter questioned, eyes narrowing. "What happened?"

Hazel shook her head, "I hurt my shoulder, but it's fine, just a little bruised."

They fell into silence before Ned bounced up and down on his heels, "Are you guys excited for the trip?"

The bell rang, and they all nodded expect for Hazel, she listened as they all began talking about it. MJ seemed super excited about it, and Hazel watched as the other girl kept staring at Peter. Ned explained how he was going to surprise someone, and Peter only grinned at his best friend.

"What about you, Hazel?" Ned turned to her.

"Oh, I'm- I don't think I'm gonna go."

"What?" Peter's brows scrunched, "You can't just stay home, this will be an amazing experience!"

Hazel shrugged, "I don't know."

"Didn't you already hand the forms in?" Michelle questioned, "Cause then you have to go now."

She chuckled shaking her head, taking a step back. "Not necessarily."

"Hey, Wait!" Peter scrambled after her as she went to go, he turned as he walked backwards, waving goodbye to Ned and Michelle.