Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen:

Hazel hadn't expected Peter to hold onto her the entire way to the train station, or when they had landed on the moving train and just waited. He had told her he'd rather not see her fly away to her death if he let go, and opted for a more reassuring route.

She had no idea how long it took before they were in Berlin, but they had flopped off the train and were flying through the station before landing on solid ground. Hazel stumbled as she ran after Peter, but ultimately caught up as he stopped to ask a women for help. In return she had shouted "Night Monkey" and ran in fear. Hazel snickered walking up next to him, "I'm so glad that's the first thing that came to Ned's head when trying to think of an alternative name for Spider-Man."

Peter opened his mouth to say something else when a car horn sounded and they both turned to see a black car pull up. The window rolled down and Fury glared at them from the driver's seat. "Get in." Was all he said.

Peter threw himself into the passenger seat while Hazel carefully got into the back.

"Mr Fury!" He yanked off his mask, "I—"

"You've got a lot of explaining to do."

"No, no— you've got to listen—"

Fury raised a finger, "Say nothing until we're secure."

"Ok." Peter nodded leaning back, "ok."

They fell into silence, expect for a soft beeping noise. Hazel laughed, "Seat belt."

Peter grabbed ahold of it, but when it wouldn't extend to the needed length he continuously yanked on it until it broke. She covered her mouth, not daring to laugh again.

It didn't take very long for them to get to wherever Fury had taken them. They pulled up to a set of expensive looking buildings and lead them in and up flights of glass stairs, opening a door to what looked like a board room.

"So, is there anything you want to tell us about your girlfriend?" Nick questioned as they entered. He walked around a large table and stopped at the other end, standing next to Maria Hill. The women rolled her eyes, "He's talking about Edith."

"I know I made a mistake and I'm sorry but Beck is not who you think he is. Beck is a liar. Mysterio, the Elementals, everything is all fake. He has some sort of illusion tech and that's how he tricked you guys and how he tricked me into giving him Edith." He placed a small broken piece of metal onto the table, sliding it towards them. "It's a projector, I pulled it off the fire monster in Prague."

Fury stared at it, "So all that death and destruction we witnessed was created by this?"

Maria glanced at it, then looked out the window. Fury's attention flickered to Hazel, who had sat down and was laying back in her seat.

"What do you think of all this, Hazel?"

She froze, then stared at him and then Maria. Never had Fury called her by her first name in any type of situation. He had always told her they weren't on a first name basis. Unless...

"It's not just this." Peter added, "I think he's using drones."

"Peter." Hazel mumbled.

"If this is true Beck is very dangerous and we need to be smart." Fury went on.

Hazel only got to her feet and stepped closer to Peter, "Peter." She said again, not breaking eye contact with Fury.

"Who else did you tell this too?"

Peter's eyes widened, a hand flying to the back of his neck. "It's Beck. He's here."

Within an instant something fired and Fury went down, Hazel frowned. Her hunch had been wrong, but the fact that Beck was here, that had been correct. Everything around them disappeared, the people, the walls, the ceiling. Hazel watched as a drone uncovered itself in front of the them, blasting at Peter. He went flying through the air, dropping down the large gap between floors.