Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:

"Hazel!"

Hazel woke with a jump, almost tumbling from the bed as Peter stormed in with MJ close behind.

"Hazel!" He screamed again, running to the windows and closing the curtains. "I really messed up. I really did it this time."

"What happened?" She slipped off the mattress, landing on the cold tile with bare feet. She gave MJ a nod, "Hey."

"Have you been crying?" Peter stared at her.

"No."

He shrugged, not pressing it any further. "I gave Beck the glasses."

Hazel's attention immediately went to Peter as she stared at him with wide eyes, "You gave him Edith?"

He nodded quickly, "And all the Elementals are fake. He's been creating them with some sort of tech, that's why he was the only one who could get rid of them. I don't know what he's planning but he could be watching and we're all in danger—"

"Hold on!" Hazel yelled, walking over to him. "You're telling me that I leave for a few minutes and you gave away Edith?! The only think Tony left for you, and was meant for you, you GAVE AWAY!?"

Peter's eyes were full of worry as he nodded slowly. "Yeah. That's exactly what I did."

"I'm sure he's sending drones to kill you right now." Hazel shook her head, "You're decision making honestly couldn't of been worse."

"Wait, you had access to killer drones?" MJ questioned staring after Peter as he ran to an open laptop on a desk a quickly began typing.

"Yeah but I didn't want to use them. Especially not after I almost killed Brad."

"You almost killed Brad?"

Hazel huffed, "We're learning quite quickly that Peter's social smart meter isn't very high."

"Look, we should call Mr Fury and tell him that Beck is a fraud." Peter went on, "But I'm sure he's tracked my phone. Maybe even yours Hazel, he has all the tech for it."

"Yeah but what are you gonna do?" MJ asked.

"Ok. Ok.. uh, I need my suit. And I'm gonna need to go to Berlin to find Mr Fury."

Hazel crossed her arms, "Am I sitting out on this one too? It's not like I've been wrong this whole time."

Peter glared at her, "Get you're suit, Barnes."

"Oh, last naming me now. I see." She snickered rushing over to her bags and yanking out her suit. MJ watched with wide eyes, "You have a suit too?"

Hazel nodded, "I was on the news."

"So it was you! Are you and him like a team? Spider man and Hazel?"

"That's depressing." Hazel mumbled grabbing a pair of socks and her running shoes.

Peter shrugged off his shirt, and MJ coughed awkwardly.

"Oh." Peter mumbled looking around. MJ turned but he glanced over at Hazel.

"Hey, if we can't look you can't look either buddy." Hazel winked. As soon as he turned around she struggled out of her own shirt and slipped out of her shorts. She had her legs through the suit and it was up to her waist before the front door swung open.

"Oh Ned, perfect!" Peter turned around, somehow already in his suit.

"Wow! You're costume looks great!"

"How'd you get in it so fast?" Hazel stared at him as he made eye contact, not looking down from her face. She laughed slipping her arms through the sleeves and felt the suit tighten around her. She flipped her hood up, leaving the eye coverings off. There was no point in hiding her identity now.

"Costume?" MJ raised an eyebrow.

"For the costume party at—"

"She knows!" Peter pointed, "I told her."

"He didn't tell me. I figured it out."

Ned pursed his lips, nodding. "Oh. That's cool."

Hazel sighed dramatically, "Look, Mysterio is a fraud! Can that be our first priority?"

"But he saved me and Betty's lives."

"Excuse me?" Hazel crossed her arms staring at him, "What did I do then?"

Ned ignored her, and apparently so did everyone else when MJ shifted on her feet and shook her head. "No, he's been faking the whole thing with illusion tech."

"Yah, he's been using these, like, hologram projectors." Peter nodded.

"So what, you guys were like working the case together?" Ned questioned.

"It's been mostly me." MJ said.

Hazel groaned rubbing her eyes, "Can we hurry it up! I don't feel like getting shot by a drone controlled by the newest freak on the block with anger issues."

"Look, Ned, I need you to call Aunt May and tell her to call Harrington to say that she wanted me to stay with family and friends in Berlin until this all blows over, ok?"

"Got it. Easy."

"And tell her that Hazel's staying with me. That her dad will be flying in to see her."

Hazel frowned but nodded, "Yeah."

"We should go." Peter said running towards the window, spreading the curtains and then opening up the window. "Don't tell anyone about this, alright? Anybody who knows is in danger."

Both MJ and Ned nodded. Peter turned to her, "Are you feeling ok? The fight earlier hadn't drained anything."

"I'm fine." She snapped, "Let's go before something else happens."

He nodded, snapping his eye piece into place. "You might want to use your mask. It's windy."

She rolled her eyes but obeyed, and the white strips on her suit turned a cloudy grey as a breeze suddenly flew by. She glanced back and gave her friends a wicked smile as Peter grabbed ahold of her waist and threw both of them  out of the window.