I Love You Daddy (edited)

Merit woke, stretching her arms out in front of herself. A solid wall of warmth pressed against her back where she rested.

"Ah, there's my sweet angel." Klaus's delicious voice filled her senses, nearly causing her to swoon. "How did you sleep?" He tenderly brushed his fingertip over her ear.

"Good. I feel better." She smiled, rolling over to look at him. In the process, she rolled right on top of him, causing her to flush deeply and look away ashamed of herself.

"Good. I'm glad that helped. How about we get out of the house and buy you some of your own clothes?" He hummed in question. To further press his point, he teased her by yanking on the hem of his shirt she was presently wearing. "You can see the city and the sites. I'll even take you for a little treat." He brushed his finger over her lips this time. He intended to slowly get her as comfortable with his touch as he desired for hers.

"Ok." She lowered her eyes shyly, resting her head on his chest.

"Ok..." He trailed off, pausing for her to finish the sentence.

"Ok, Daddy." She turned a little more red still.

"I'll never tire of your shyness." He chuckled. "I may be a little sad to see it go. But you don't ever need to feel self-conscious of seeking me out, I've always loved you, my sweet girl."

The two got ready for their excursion, putting back on her pretty new dress and shoes despite Merit's lack of desire to wear something that Freya had bought her. She honestly feared that it might be charmed of something. Klaus changed back into the clothes he'd removed for their nap, all the while reassuring her that Freya would not stoop so low.

Klaus lifted her up in his arms and set her on his hip. "I wonder, will you forget how to walk?" He teased, tapping her nose. 

"Only if you promise to carry me." She giggled as he stepped out of the bedroom.

As Klaus closed the door and turned to leave, they nearly ran into Elijah, who was cradling his own mate on his hip.

"Oh, hello there." Elijah greeted cheerfully. "Where are you off to? We're going to do a little shopping."

"As it would happen, so are we." Klaus smiled, just as cheerfully.

"Would you like to join us?" Alison asked sweetly.

"I don't know." He turned to face Merit. "Would you like to tag along? They know all the best spots  to be quite honest with you." He asked her feelings on the matter. "We wouldn't have to hunt them down ourselves should we care to join them." He added on to see if this would make a difference to her.

"Ok." She agreed timidly.

"Merit?" He whispered in her ear. "Remember what I said about being accepted. No one will ever say anything to you about what you do or say towards me, or even how you behave independently of me." He reminded her softly. "You know Elijah, Rebekah, and Kol already know and love you for who you are, sweetheart."

"Yes, Daddy." She whispered, knowing that he and his brother could hear her just fine.

"Yay!" Alison cheered. "Friends shopping day!"

Klaus and Elijah took the girls down and fastened them into the car. "I thought we'd head over to that shop where we got Alison's gown for the ball we had last month." Elijah said as he climbed into the drivers seat. "It had some beautiful dresses and a large selection of pink." He reached into the back seat and gently squeezed Alison's knee a couple of times before he put the car into gear and headed out.

The whole way there, the girls chatted about the dresses and shoes that Alison had seen there. They discussed the styles, lengths, colors, and patterns. The two seemed to be getting along wonderfully. Even if Merit seemed a little stressed about the lack of modesty society reveled in anymore.