Nuzzling Daddy

Merit finally resurfaced in her own mind, to warm blood filling her mouth and dripping down the back of her throat. Her wolf jolted back once she had control again, releasing its hold on a clothed leg. A pained whine filled the air as she brushed her pure white nose against the leg that she now realized had been Rebekah's. The older woman lay on the ground, feet away from the chair that she'd been sitting in. It was evident that she had run, but she hadn't gotten far enough away fast enough, they were only half way out the door of the den.

Merit paced and whined once she realized what had transpired, nudging Rebekah repeatedly in an attempt to get a reaction. Her sad howl filled the room, louder than the moans of pain coming from behind her.

"She's ok love." Klaus appeared in front of her. "I know." Was all he said when she glanced between him and his sister.

Merit yipped at Rebekah, and licked her leg where she had torn through the flesh. Assessing the scene she noted that it looked like she had scared the older woman, which had clearly caused her to flee, and in turn forced Merit to run her down exactly the way that she desperately did not want to. Her heart hurt, she wanted to ask if the gentle and kind woman was going to be ok.

"I broke her neck sweet angel, she can't feel anything." Klaus reached out to pet her flank and she whipped around snarling on instinct. "Sweet angel, it's just Daddy." He cautioned with his hands up in a show of respect to the large wolf bearing its teeth at him.

She watched his eyes scanning over her, attempting to read her thoughts. Her eyes burned into his as her snarl subsided. She wanted to beg him to tell her what happened. She wanted to shift back and run into his arms, but she was scared of what he would tell her. She couldn't force herself to change, she couldn't handle knowing how she'd terrorized his favorite sibling. Rebekah wasn't just his favorite sibling anymore, Merit cherished the older woman just as much as he did.

Instead, she paced back an forth between the siblings trying to reassure herself that everyone was going to be ok.

Freya was gripping her arm and grimacing in pain, waiting for it to heal on its own as she quietly grunted her agony between labored breathes.

Kohl was seated on an plush chair, gripping the arms and sweating profusely. But other than deep and heavy breathes and quiet gasps, he was relatively composed, bracing his mind against the pain it would seem.

Elijah was in a similar state to Kohl, but his face was turned away from her as he fought to keep himself still. He had always been a kind man, even now he was to kind to hide his torment from her.

Rebekah was the only silent one. She was laying on the floor, sprawled out like she'd been attacked. Like Merit had hunted her down ruthlessly. the vicious bite bleeding from her leg was evidence of this.

Merit couldn't handle the site, she pawed at her snout and whined. She couldn't stand knowing what she might have done, but not knowing for certain. She knew the why of it, but she didn't feel it was right. So she ran.

She skirted through back ways, causing unsuspecting humans to run screaming. She couldn't care less about them though. She needed to get away from what she had done, so she just kept running, ignoring the screams of terror that trailed behind her. The frightened humans had no way of knowing that she wasn't a threat to them.

She didn't know where she was, she found that she didn't care either. She needed fresh, untainted air. She needed to be far away from the sent of the blood she'd drawn. She followed her nose until she was deep in unfamiliar woods, the fresh smell of upturned dirt from her paws and uncut grass and wild flowers filled her senses. Her heart raced with fear and anxiety. Her head whirled with visions of what she had done. And the earth that she had prayed would save her from herself wasn't offering support of any kind to her fragile senses. She collapsed panting, she finally gave up looking for comfort in the earth when it was evident that she was running from herself.

She knew Klaus was there, even before his pure black wolf had stepped out in front of her. She had known that he would keep his promise to stay with her, to stave off the visions that consumed her entirely when he was to far. She knew that he had followed her because he cared for her.

His wolf growled low, as if announcing himself to her. He would never hurt her, she knew that. And she knew he wasn't angry about what she had done, even if she thought he should be. He was there to comfort her, and wasn't sure if she'd ever seen his wolf before. She hadn't, and was glad that he'd been kind enough to let her know it was him, even though she already knew.

She lay her head down, turning to expose her throat in submission. She wanted to make it clear to him that she knew it was him, and that she wasn't a threat to him either. Not that she could hurt him now thanks to his mother.

He circled her once slowly before laying down beside her, offering comfort the only way he knew how in his wolf form. He had rarely used this form but felt it was necessary at this point, to be there for her in a way that she seemed to need him to be.

After catching her breathe, she slowly inched closer to him, nuzzling his shoulder. She inhaled his scent deeply as he rested his larger head on top of her shoulders and upper back.

Silence filled the woods, aside from the small animals that could be heard scampering around them, into bushes and up trees to escape the threat that they sensed in the large predators. Off in the distance they could hear deer trailing through the heavily wooded areas, and further off still they could hear the low growls and hisses of gators as they traipsed in and out of a body of water.

The cool air swept past the two with a gentle breeze, carrying the faint scents of street carts from in town. They lay still for a while, listening quietly to their surroundings. Feeling nature and its calming presence.

The sun set slowly, and with the absence of the sun the temperature plummeted drastically around them. Their breathes soon becoming visible. They had lain there for hours, just curled up to one another and breathing in one another scents for comfort and reassurance, listening to the wild life run along care free as if nothing evil had just happened.

Merit suddenly sneezed causing them both to jump at the unexpected sudden movement of her body, and the loud sound that came with it. They glanced at each other, finally realizing how late it had become.

Merit whined and nudged Klaus's snout softly, begging him to tell her what to do next, because she was completely at a loss. The larger black wolf purred softly at her, hugging her for just a moment before motioning towards the direction they had come. He whined softly, asking her if she was ready to go home.

She nodded once after a brief hesitation, and the two trotted off to check on her victims. That's what she was calling them right now anyways. At least until they had finished healing.